Job Duties Include: The Patient Service Representative I (PSR) accepts referral and initiates collection of patient information and insurance verification. Establishes and maintains positive patient and customer relations by ensuring the timely and accurate generation of delivery tickets, coordination of deliveries and pickups, maintenance of patient supply inventories, and by communicating effectively with all members of the healthcare team. Responsibilities are divided between assisting patients with their supply needs and lab retrieval, data entry to support clinical staff. Manages a limited caseload of patients regarding the coordination of patient supplies and delivery needs.
Assists patients in maintaining appropriate inventory levels of all needed supplies and solutions and monitoring usage. Schedules deliveries and pickups of equipment and supplies. Generates delivery tickets for all deliveries and pickups. Functions as a contact person between all members of the healthcare team to relay necessary information in order to coordinate patient needs. Identifies potential inventory/delivery problems and initiates actions to resolve them. Collaborates with warehouse staff to schedule cost efficient deliveries that simultaneously meet the patient’s needs.
Supports clinical staff by retrieving lab results. Prioritizes calls for lab results according to needs of patients as directed by the pharmacists. Faxes lab results to physicians in a timely manner, as directed by pharmacists. Enters lab results in computer daily.Compiles and reports delivery statistics. Assists with filing and updating patient charts. Documents contact with patients and other members of the healthcare team. Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Walgreens information.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents, access information on-line, etc).
- Experience in identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- At least 1 year experience in similar medical setting.
Walgreens - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...