1. Verify insurance eligibility and patient demographics entry of all scheduled and walk in patients with a high degree of accuracy to ensure proper insurance billing.
2. Meet with patients to assess financial needs and assist with sliding fee applications, payment plans and public insurance program enrollment; including program HH and HCHA .
3. Serve as primary contact for patient and account questions related to account balances, collections, or insurance coverage concerns.
4. Serve as a liaison between business office, clinic staff and patients regarding billing issues.
5. Meet or speak with patients who have complaints about billing issues, document all complaints and resolve promptly working with clinic staff.
6. Refer to clinic social workers/community agencies as appropriate to assist patients with accessing needed resources.
7. If necessary, serve as primary contact with Department of Human Services related insurance program representative and internal clinic staff and patients.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with excellent phone etiquette.
Knowledge of financial assistance/insurance programs available through state agencies.
Demonstrated experience and knowledge of looking at insurance cards and correctly setting up insurance according to system requirements.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience identifying and updating duplicate patient accounts, and transferring patient and guarantors as appropriately identified.
Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
Associate or Bachelor Degree with business focus preferred.
Minimum three years experience in health care business office or insurance company.
Prior experience in community health care setting or medical clinic preferred.
Name: Human Resources
Email: No emails please.
Phone: No phone calls please.
West Side Community Health Services - 2 years ago