A High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) is required, as well as 2-3 years of experience in medical or related field. Must possess computer literacy, as well as strong multi-tasking abilities. Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, and the ability to work well with physicians, patients, and coworkers are key in this role.
Answers incoming calls and makes outgoing calls to remind patient of scheduled appointment and instructions, schedule appointments and pre-register patients for medical scans according to documented work processes. The majority of time will be spent handling scheduling and pre-registration calls but may also include assisting with reminder calls based on business needs. Follows standardized process to get and give information during scheduling/pre-registration. Enters all information into the applicable computer system. Determine the needs of other callers and transfers to appropriate personnel. Resolves higher level issues. May assist in training new hire staff. Ensures every customer receives the highest quality of customer service.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Makes outgoing calls and receives incoming calls to remind patient of scheduled appointment and instruction, schedule appointments and pre-register patients for medical scans; contacts patients and referring physician offices to schedule appointments
2. Follows prescribed list of questions/scripts and provides standardized responses to get and give information during scheduling/pre-registration/reminder calls.
3. Ensures the gathering of accurate and complete patient data required to complete the scheduling process and any specific information required by customer facility.
4. Enters all information into the applicable computer system in accordance with documented work processes.
5. Determines customers’ needs based on incoming calls; resolves higher level issues escalated by Intake Coordinators. Acts as source of reference for staff.
6. May assist supervisors and trainers in mentoring new team members.
7. Completes any additional job duties as assigned.
Alliance Imaging - 20 months ago