High School Diploma/GED
1 - 3 years of experience required
Located in Central Ohio, the Mount Carmel Health System serves more than a million patients each year through five hospitals and over 50 outpatient facilities.
We are seeking a Patient Transporter to join out team of dedicated professionals as we continue our mission of improving the health of the communities we serve.
In accordance with the Mission and Guiding Behaviors; the Patient Transporter is responsible for the safe, timely and accurate transport of patients, medical equipment and patient related items to their destinations, enabling physicians, nurses, technicians, and therapists to perform their duties in an effective manner.
- Establishes a friendly, caring atmosphere while attending patients.
- Ensures transport requests have been completed in an efficient and timely manner according to departmental standards, priorities and patient appointments; Immediately calls into Transport Tracking when paged for a new job, or when finished with a current job.
- Notifies appropriate staff when a patient is leaving and/or returning to their room.
- Notifies appropriate testing department when delays and/or cancellations occur.
- Utilizes the patient transport log on each nursing unit by signing the patient in/out.
- Verifies the proper ID of each patient prior to transport. Forms of identification include, but not limited to: Patient ID band, nurse identification, patient chart, etc.
- Interacts with the Transport Tracking System appropriately.
- Disinfects wheelchairs and gurneys after each use; removes linen, disinfects and makes up gurney upon completion; returns equipment to proper location.
- Responds to patient needs in a timely manner.
- Complies with guidelines as directed from management.
- Observes and reports difficulties with patient IV’s, catheters and other medical equipment.
- Performs duties of supply stocking, dirty linen disposal, cleaning of carts, placing clean lines on carts.
- Checks mechanical condition of transport vehicles and reports problems to manager/supervisor.
- Report hazards and/or incidents appropriately.
- Utilizes computer skills effectively, including: ATK, systems appropriate to the area, registrar and appropriate use of intranet and internet.
- Capable of working with deadlines and time restrictions.
All other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma required.
Licensure/Certification: CPR “HeartSaver” Required.
Experience: Prior work experience in the health care field preferred.
About Mount Carmel
Serving more than a million patients each year, Mount Carmel is the preferred healthcare provider in central Ohio. Our more than 8,500 employees and 1,500 physicians utilize state-of-the-art facilities, advanced technologies and the latest procedures to accomplish our mission of healing patients’ minds, bodies and spirits, and improving the health of the communities we serve.
Trinity Health - 17 months ago