G4S, the world’s leading private security organization, has immediate career opportunities across the U.S. and internationally for Security Officers ! Named by Fortune as one of the 100 most admired companies, we provide security for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, banks, hospitals, factories, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more. Whether you’re looking for entry level, management, sales, or executive careers G4S has a career opportunity for you that will offer job security, excellent pay and benefits, and advancement opportunities.
As a Traditional Security Officer (TSO) Patrol Officer , you will maintain security and safety tours of all locations, respond to the scene of all emergencies, and relieve officers assigned to certain fixed posts. You will also be responsible for the completion of any special assignments (posting of signs, stairwell checks, equipment testing, etc.) given out by Supervisors.
- Full access control
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms contact direct supervisor in cases of emergencies or presence of unauthorized persons
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits while communicating in both English and Spanish languages as necessary
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensures that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities. Maintain written logs as required by the post
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner, including communication with all in both the languages of English and Spanish, as appropriate
- Multi computer use and functions of computers, phone systems, alarm systems, turn styles, handheld radios
- Foot patrols inside and outside facility
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
So what does it take to qualify for this great opportunity? We’re looking for professional detail-oriented individuals with a talent for effectively assessing/evaluating situations and identifying critical issues.
Here’s the minimum you’ll need to be a successful
TSO Patrol Officer :
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Ability to pass a State licensing test if driving a company-owned or client-provided vehicle
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Also, if previously employed, you will need to possess meaningful and verifiable work history
You will need the following skills to be a successfu l TSO Patrol Officer :
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Ability to encourage effective teamwork
- Ability to mediate conflict with tact, diplomacy
Finally, here’s what we’ll need from you upon job offer:
- You must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the State
- You must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- You must be able to work flexible schedules
- You must have access to reliable transportation
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
- You must not use illegal drugs. You must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Ability to pass an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Ability to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
- Ability to pass the following:
- MMPI - Psychological testing, if armed or otherwise required
- Physical exam, if armed or required by client contract
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing and walking up to 4 hours continuously. Some sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specialising in the provision of security products, services and solutions.