Under general supervision of the Security Chief, the Patrol Officer will be
responsible for patrolling the Pala Band of Mission Indians Reservation.
Ensure to prevent unauthorized activity, and assures the safety of the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Patrols the Pala Band of Mission Indians Reservation, checking residential
and commercial building for any unusual activities. Reports incidents to the
proper authorities and takes action to the extent allowed by training and
- Maintains complete and accurate information of all activities, and provides
periodic reports to upper management for their use.
- Responsible periodic tours of the premises inspecting protection devices,
fire control equipment and checking for any other irregularities.
- Responsible to verify that all unoccupied buildings are secure and/or
- Provide emergency assistance by notifying the Fire Department in case of a
fire and Police Department in case of criminal activity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, CERTIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of security and patrolling techniques which will contribute to the
safeguard of the complex.
- Knowledge of defense tactics.
- Preparing incident reports and documenting incidents.
- Following oral and written instruction, guidelines and procedures.
- Understanding a variety of rules, regulations and policies.
- Ability to handle and control any and all situations and using good judgment
in those situations.
- Display good judgment and negotiation skills in the apprehension of any
persons suspected of engaging in a criminal activity.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, agencies,
general public, and Fire Department.
- High School graduate or equivalent education (GED). (1) One year of
successful experience in security related field, such as a casino, hospital
security and must be 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid California Driver’s License. Also attach
- ed printout from
the Department of Motor Vehicle to pass a security background check.
Physical capability to perform various physical tasks associated with foot
patrol outdoors in extremes of weather, ranging from heat to cold, self-defense
actions and search activities.
- Must acknowledge and agree to maintain a Drug-Free workplace as a condition
of employment with the Pala Band of Mission Indians. Must pass pre-employment
and random drug testing during employment. A DMV print-out and background check
will be required.
- Indian preference will apply. The Pala Band of Mission Indians will give
hiring preference to fully qualified applicants that are Pala Tribal Members.
All employees are expected to follow the Tribal Personnel Policies and
Procedures of the Pala Band of Mission Indians and must adhere to any additional
Pala Band of Mission Indians - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -