Receives and prioritizes cash and other payments to be made toward patient accounts. Analyzes such payments for accuracy and calculates contractual adjustments as necessary. Enters payments and adjustments into system(s) for the proper posting of payments to individual accounts.
Requirements for this position include:
1. Education equivalent to graduation from high school or GED is required.
2. One or more years of accounting, insurance, and/or health care office experience is required. Previous experience with the payment aspects of commercial and managed care contracts is highly preferred.
3. Demonstrates the ability to accurately type net 40 wpm (alpha/numeric).
4. Demonstrates the ability to accurately keypunch net 100 wpm (numeric).
5. Basic working knowledge of personal computers and their associate user software is required. Experience with Microsoft Office products Word and Excel is preferred.
6. Demonstrated ability to work successfully with internal customers and external contacts is required.
7. Possesses a highly developed detail orientation, critical thinking, and problem solving ability.
8. Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication, keyboarding, and basic math skills.
Memorial Medical Center - 23 months ago
Memorial Hermann, a not-for-profit health care system, provides quality, comprehensive programs and services for a person's whole life....