The Payment Poster Supervisor ensures third party, client, and patient payments as well as third party denials are entered and posted within compliance of HDL and HIPAA policies and procedures. The Payment Poster Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of all payment posting staff to include processing time, managing time off, counseling and encouraging and overseeing productivity of each employee. Supervises all payment posting staff.
• Supervision of payment posting staff to include processing time, managing time off, counseling and encouraging and overseeing productivity of each employee.
• Responsible for all line item payments and denials from manual and electronic remits as well as the appropriate codes as noted on the EOB.
• Reviews and researches payments that lack sufficient information to post
• Update and maintain deposit records daily
• Oversees timely processing of Lockbox receipts
• Prioritize and distribute payment batches to ensure deposits are posted in a timely manner
• Manages fiscal month end to ensure that the majority of deposits have been posted for the month and that previous months deposits have been posted.
• Ensures that all batches have been adjudicated and closed in the billing system.
• Responds to email enquiries from internal and external customers in a timely manner.
• Processes bank deposits.
• Balances and verifies all posted transactions daily.
• Adhere to HIPAA guidelines to protect patient confidentiality
• Ensures patient and client payments are posted within the established guidelines
• Actively pursues transitioning available payers to an electronic platform
• Responsible for attending Billing Department meetings as scheduled by the Billing Manager, Supervisors or Team Leads.
• Responsible for attending ongoing education classes as requested by the Billing Manager in order to remain or achieve HDL standards.
• Responsible for performing and monitoring QA
• Time and Attendance software responsibilities for any directly reporting employee
• Management of employee “time off requests” as it pertains to maintaining operational capability for the Billing Department
• Management of any attendance or tardiness issues for all directly reporting employees
• Participation and provide leadership in project management as directed by the Billing Manager
• Provide input on all employee performance reviews as requested by the Billing Manager
• Management of any Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) for any directly reporting employee
• Monitor and track directly reporting employee productivity. Provide constructive criticism and coaching for those who do not meet their goals
• Knowledge of HDL billing processes and SOP’s
• Communicate within billing leadership to provide and receive feedback about interrelated processes
• Responsible for determining workload distribution
• Provide input to billing leadership in order to improve Billing Department process improvement
• Develop and provide learning aids to staff as needed in order to improve process and quality
• Communicate with Billing Department leadership any issue that may impact overall Billing Department metrics or revenue
• Development, training and implementation of SOPs
• Active participation and attendance of departmental and or leadership meetings
• Participation in company sponsored or external continuing education programs
• Responding to emails and correspondences from internal and external customers in a timely manner
• Minimum education includes a high school diploma or equivalent, but associate’s degree is preferred.
• Three-five years of healthcare insurance experience
• Ability to interpret and analyze EOBs, remits and payment posting entries is mandatory
• Working knowledge of major payers and their websites necessary
• Previous medical laboratory experience is preferred
• Ability to communicate well through written and verbal means is required.
• Requires computer proficiency and a high degree of proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite to include Excel.
• Knowledge of ICD-9 Codes and CPT codes
• Attention to detail, accuracy, time management and organizational skills
• Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within the field of healthcare insurance
• Ability to maintain strict HIPAA compliance
• 2-4 years of previous lead or supervisory experience required
• Experience with assessing and maintaining appropriate staffing levels DESIRED
• Development, training and implementation of SOP’s
• Experience with coaching and counseling employees
• Experience with problem solving and assisting employees with questions pertaining to their responsibilities
• Previous experience with setting up and processing electronic remits in the 5010 format
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize, work under pressure and a commitment to achieving customer satisfaction is the key to success in this position