Bachelor’s degree required. Experience working in a Patient Financial Services or Business Office Strongly recommended. EPIC patient account experience highly desired.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to defuse conflicts and handle stressful situations in a positive manner.
• Excellent oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism, and customer service orientation.
• Ability to work independently, meet specific goals and objectives; proven ability to prioritize.
• Ability to handle confidential material.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Good working knowledge of internal billing systems.
• Knowledge of insurance and third party payment.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
• Child Abuse Clearances
• FBI Fingerprint Clearance
• Drug Screening
The Payment Posting & Reconciliation Coordinator must assure that all account balances are properly reflected in the EPIC billing system after remittances from third party insurance payers are processed on a daily basis. The Payment Posting & Reconciliation Coordinator is also responsible for understanding and interpreting different types of Explanation of Benefits that are received within the Business Office and, accurately and efficiently posting those payments to the EPIC billing system. While reviewing payments and remittances, the Payment Posting & Reconciliation Coordinator must apply knowledge of contractual insurance reimbursement rates and bring any variances in payment to the attention of the management staff.
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...