Millennium Laboratories is the leading research-based clinical diagnostic company dedicated to improving the lives of people suffering from pain and/or addiction. We provide healthcare professionals with the medication monitoring and drug detection services, clinical tools, scientific data and education helping to personalize treatment plans to improve clinical outcomes and patient safety.
We provide customized drug testing services for healthcare professionals to help them to mitigate the abuse and misuse of prescription drugs. In addition to our urine and oral fluid drug tests, we also offer a saliva-based Pharmacogenetic Test to detect genetic variations in enzymes associated with the metabolism of medications commonly prescribed to patients suffering from debilitating chronic pain and pain related-effects.
We are a growing and continually looking for exceptional, talented people to join our family. Each one of our employees possesses a strong entrepreneurial spirit and a drive to improve the lives of those suffering from pain and addiction. To maintain our leadership, we need driven and creative individuals.
Due to our continued success, we are looking to add additional talent to our Revenue Management Department and have a great opportunity for a Payment Resolution Specialist to be responsible for working the daily Cash Management reports in an accurate and timely manner, researching, auditing, and processing refunds to patients and insurance companies and obtaining missing EOBs and identifying and posting unposted cash.
The following are intended to be examples of the accountabilities for which the person in this position is responsible. This position is not intended to be complete or all-inclusive and does not preclude management from assigning other or related functions for which the individual has demonstrated competency through performance.
- As assigned by Cash Management Supervisor/Lead, responsible for researching and resolving accounts appearing on the following reports: Remit Errors Report, Multi-Allow Error (MAE) Report, Discrepancy Report, Provider Level Adjustment (PLB) Report, Suspense Report and Credit Balance Report by following the departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for assisting in the reconciliation process by obtaining missing EOBs and identifying and posting unposted cash.
- Identifies and communicates adjustment or payment posting issues with management.
- Identifies credits and write-offs and provides back-up documentation for approval by management.
- Prepares and reports proper application and policies for overpayment and/or refund requests.
- Interacts with supervisor or manager for approvals and actions needed to resolve outstanding refund request.
- Recommends operational changes to improve efficiency of department.
- Notifies management on recurring issues and substantial dollars related to adjustments and/or refunds.
- Ability to meet individual and team goals with minimal errors as assigned by the A/R Supervisor/Manager, Uphold Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA compliance guidelines in relation to billing, collections, and PHI information.
- Assists with monthly close functions including posting payments.
- Participates in educational activities and attends weekly staff meetings.
- High School diploma or GED minimum requirement. Certificate in Medical Billing and Coding highly preferred
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use analytic and problem solving skills to identify, investigate and resolve issues
- Ability to multi-task is a must
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work is required
- Ability to meet deadlines and goals in a high volume, fast paced environment is required
- Knowledge of cash accounting and accounts receivable process
- Medicare, Medicaid/Medi-Cal, private insurance billing experience preferred
- Proficient in MS office applications (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Minimum two years medical billing experience with an emphasis on recoups and refunds to insurance companies
- Minimum two years posting medical insurance payments experience required
Millennium Laboratories is an EOE/AA Employer and E-Verify participant. M/F/V/D