SKILLS AND ABILITIES
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. College Degree highly preferred.
- 3+ years working in a physician billing environment.
- Strong math aptitude.
- Experience with personal computers and data entry.
- Ability to work in a high volume production environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of Physician Billing (EPIC experience preferred).
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent phone etiquette.
- Ability to work independently, meet specific goals and objectives; proven ability to prioritize.
- Ability to handle confidential materials.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed/required.
The Payment Specialist is responsible for deciphering the numerous types of Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) received within the Billing Department and accurately and efficiently posting those payments and denials to the billing system.
During this review and posting process the Payment Specialist must be cognizant of the expected level of reimbursement based on the various Managed Care agreements.
The Payment Specialist must have thorough knowledge of departmental procedures regarding the process for transferring balances to secondary insurance or self-pay or adjusting balances based on contractual agreements.
Attention to detail, and accuracy are required
This position is located in Malvern, PA.
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...