Location: Central Office
Full time position (1.0 FTE)
This is the perfect job for anyone who enjoys working in a school/community environment and wants to make a difference in the education of our youth.
Position Summary: Accurately pays each employee and maintains benefits.
- High school diploma
- Four years experience in payroll
- Principles and practices of payroll.
- Basic principles of accounting.
- Negotiated agreements.
- Federal and state laws pertaining to payroll.
- Knowledge of benefit principles, regulations and techniques.
- Excel Spreadsheets.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Perform arithmetic calculations quickly and accurately.
- Answer payroll queries accurately and in a timely manner.
- Respond to and solve benefit related concerns.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Operate a personal computer and related software.
- Maintain effective working relationships with other people.
Compensation: This is a full-time 12-month position, working 37.5 hours per week, with a starting salary of $24.70 per hour. We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) plan, and paid time off.
- AA degree in accounting or related field
- Supervisory experience
Selected hire will be fingerprinted at applicant's expense and fingerprints forwarded to the Alaska State Troopers and the FBI for a records check.
To learn more about the Juneau School District and to apply, visit our website at www.juneauschools.org/hr.
We provide quality midwifery services, health care, education and family support services that are family centered, preventative,...