We are looking for a Payroll Accountant for our San Francisco location. This position will report to the Assistant Controller and requires self-motivation and direction along with the unique opportunity to help shape and impact an exciting growing company.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The Payroll Accountant is someone who participates enthusiastically, works well under deadlines, multi-tasks, and solves problems; all while delivering excellent results.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Processing of payroll data on a semi-monthly basis
- Responding to employees ’ inquiries in a timely and pleasant manner
- Ensuring timesheets are submitted with the proper approvals
- Train employees on use of the online timecard system
- Upload payroll entry to G/L; reconcile payroll related G/L accounts.
- Prepare FSA reports and remit funds to administrator
- Process employee expense reimbursements
- Gathering documents for audit purposes
- Working closely with Finance and Human Resources teams
- Two to three years payroll experience is required.
- Accounting degree preferred.
- Experience with ADP Pay Expert and EZ Labor Timesheets (both web based) a strong plus.
- Great Plains/Microsoft Dynamics experience a plus, but not required.
- Experience with employee expense reimbursement system a plus.
- Proficient with Excel and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Highly effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have a close attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly organized and ability to meet deadlines
- Television and/or Media experience a plus, but not required.