Payroll Tax Accountant
The ideal Payroll Tax Accountant will have at least two to five years experience in a corporate payroll environment. Knowledge of forecasting, budgeting, unemployment calculations and internal audit will prove helpful in this position.
· Complete detailed reconciliations and analyze the activity and balances of Payroll related accounts.
· Identify, analyze and resolve differences between the detail reports and the general ledger balances/activity.
· Assist the Payroll Management in creating, maintaining and updating budgets and forecasts.
· Address general ledger account related inquires from other departments.
· Participate in Internal and External Audits as needed.
· Assist the Payroll Management in creating, maintaining and updating ( monthly and quarterly) budgets and forecasts.
· Obtain a complete and holistic understanding of the complexities of payroll withholding and remittance requirements.
· 4 year Bachelors Degree in Accounting
· Previous Accounting experience ( 2 years) preferred
· Previous corporate auditing background preferred
· Previous experience in Payroll Accounting preferred
· Extensive experience in using MS Excel, Word and Access software including but not limited to developing pivot tables, advanced filters, formulas and other analytical tools.
Sterling Jewelers Inc.
- 3 years ago - save job