Position: Payroll Accountant
Location: Silver Spring, MD 20910
Type: Full-Time Position; Full Benefits Offered
Compensation: $55,000 - $60,000 annual salary
SDSE is seeking a Payroll Accountant to be part of a 2 person payroll team responsible for managing, executing, and administering biweekly payroll for 300 employees across multiple states.
- Make changes to employee payroll records, as well as set up new employees and archive terminated employees.
- Communicate with employees regarding changes in salary, benefits, etc.
- Handle voluntary and involuntary deductions.
- Calculate, key, total, and balance substitute payrolls.
- Ensure accuracy and timely completion of payroll records.
- Create payroll preview and audit reports to verify the accuracy of the payroll run.
- Maintain current knowledge of IRS regulations.
- Receive and process expense reports.
- Compile and submit payroll deductions related check requests and payments.
- Maintain, prepare, and process payroll for organization personnel.
- Audit employee timesheets for hours worked and accuracy.
- Prepare payroll related journal entries for period-end.
- Generate and interpret financial records and statements for management.
- Maintain records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
- Analyze financial data in order to prepare and create financial and payroll reports.
- Utilize accounting principles to report employee earnings; such as salaries, wages, bonuses, and overtime and payroll taxes as well as employer paid benefits; such as vacation and holidays, various insurance and retirement plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- At least 5 years of experience leading payroll functions.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience running payroll through the Deltek GCS Premier accounting software.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience administering payroll through ADP.
- Experience administering payroll across multiple states preferred.
- Degree in accounting, finance, or a similar discipline strongly preferred.
SDSE is an 8(a) Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in the Washington DC metro area with offices nationwide and about 300 employees. SDSE is an award-winning professional services firm with a proven record of enhancing government and business operations; delivering effective, cost conscious solutions while adhering to strict standards of quality to ensure mission success. Core competencies include Management & Business Support Services, Information Technology, Administrative & Facilities Management, and Engineering Services. We deploy a responsive, flexible, and innovative approach to achieve the needs and goals of our clients and pride ourselves on the support we provide our employees to be successful.
SDSE is an equal opportunity employer (EEO)
SDSE - 15 months ago