Complete the full payroll cycle, including all pre-and post controls and validation, ensuring that all tax issues are properly addressed, posting to the general ledger, preparing accounting transactions, and closing each cycle in a timely manner consistent with internal governance and accounting requirements.
Focus on supporting the store managers and other customers of the business by providing guidance on their payroll inquiries and responsibilities.
Promptly execute all post-processing audits to validate payroll accuracy and promptly make any necessary adjustments so that employees and other key stakeholders have an error-free payroll experience. Inform key stakeholders regarding errors or corrections as appropriate.
Ensure that all inquiries and cases are researched and resolved as quickly as possible with a focus on providing superior customer service.
Responsible for uploading all Payroll GL files and reports from ADP system and providing to Accounting team.
Responsible for processing wage garnishments, liens, in accordance with federal and state laws.
Complete requests for verification of employment and wages to financial institution, tax agency and garnishment agency on a timely basis.
Assist the payroll team with issuing pay cards, processing manual pay check calculations.
Enter and calculate overtime rates, retroactive pays and/or pay adjustments in the payroll system.
Maintain the timekeeping system as the ezLabor/Timesaver administrator being the first line of contact in the payroll department for password resets, user set-ups, accruals queries and adjustments and other employee changes.
Create Annual Payroll processing calendar.
Handle the distribution of pay checks/pay statements including payroll reports to the store managers.
Assist the Payroll Manager with documenting new control processes, policies and procedures in the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP.
Responsible for extremely confidential and sensitive information
The ideal candidate will have:
From the moment that you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience a memorable and engaging one. Our people are passionate and proud of Burberry and our product; this energy, attitude and spirit define us. If you are energetic, hardworking and thrive in a collaborative and fast paced environment then please apply with a CV and covering letter, stating your salary details and notice period.
- 2-5 years of progressive payroll experience
- Proven experience in dealing with complicated matters prioritizing assignments
- Previous demonstration managing multiple projects and systems
- Previous experience successfully working in a team environment and independently demonstrating a sense of accountability and urgency in completing assignments
- Thorough knowledge of ADP software (PayForce, PCPW, ADP Reporting , Reportsmith, ezLabor, TimeSaver) or similar
- Experience with time keeping systems
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Comprehensive knowledge of Payroll best practices, applicable payroll tax and benefits related laws and regulations
- Knowledge of multi-state payroll tax laws
- Knowledge of benefit programs such as FSA, commuter transit programs, 401k administration
- Excellent oral and written communication and time management skills
- Foundational knowledge of taxable and non taxable expenses
- Aptitude to learn new systems and programs quickly and apply knowledge to related situations
- Fundamental Payroll Professional (FPC) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
Burberry - 20 months ago
Burberry is mad for plaid. The 156-year-old company has long been associated with its gabardine-checked fabric, invented by founder Thomas...