Organization: New England Aquarium
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Job or Internship: Job
Administers all aspects of the Aquarium's payroll by processing and maintaining records and files for all payrolls, including taxes, withholdings and G/L interfaces. Primary liaison with Human Resources on all payroll related matters with a focus on processing accurate and timely payrolls in accordance with Aquarium policy and Federal and State laws. Reconciles key balance sheet accounts to general ledger on a monthly basis.
This position works Monday- Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm.
Candidates MUST have payroll experience to apply.
1. Responsible for complete payroll system, which includes entering/importing timecards, pay calculations, transmitting and reviewing the payroll, and distributing pay checks.
2. Conducts all payroll calculations (retroactive pay authorization, vacation payouts and other payroll transactions) to ensure accuracy in processing.
3. Reviews and maintains job costing and general ledger files. Converts files via filemaker to MIP format. Imports files into MIP.
4. First point of contact for employees and managers for time and attendance and payroll.
5. Reconciles all vacation, sick, birthday, and personal time bi-weekly. Communicates with employee and managers regarding any PTO questions.
6. Prepares all payroll deductions payable to third parties (i.e. 403(b) and union dues) and ensures remittance to proper custodian on time.
7. Maintains timepays electronic timecard system. Communicates with employees and managers regarding electronic timecard system and all timecard related questions.
8. Reconciles all payroll related accounts in MIP on a monthly basis (includes; payroll withholding accounts, General Ledger payroll expense accounts to ADP payroll, General Ledger to SQL payroll database).
9. Prepares monthly journal entries (FSA, Vacation accrual etc).
10. Performs other position-related duties, as assigned.
Minimum Training and Experience
Requires an Associate degree with 2-3 years of payroll experience. Bachelor's degree is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Basic knowledge of certain computer programs (i.e. Excel).
Ability to multi task and work well under pressure.
Be organized and detail oriented.
Ability to work well independently.
New England Aquarium is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE AT WWW.NEAQ.ORG TO APPLY ONLINE
Association of Zoos and Aquariums - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard