Job Title: Payroll Adminstrative Support Personnel
Department : Finance
Position Reports To : Financial Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location : Tamarack Farms Dairy - Newark, OH
Purpose of Position
The purpose of the Payroll/General Account Clerk position is to assure that hourly employees are paid on time properly. This position is also responsible for monitoring and entering Kronos entries, creating financial reports and assisting other ASP’s as time allows.
Position Responsibilities and Job Functions
The Payroll/General Accounting Clerk has two primary areas of responsibility. The two areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Review all time cards prior to submission for completeness and consistency with plant policies. Verify calculations for overtime and other premiums and correct as needed.
- Timely submission of weekly payroll, applying appropriate controls to ensure all hours submitted are in balance with control totals, all rejects corrected all batches submitted have been received.
- Input special pay rates and premiums as required by the union contract.
- Process manual pay adjustments (retro pay, vacation pay, etc.).
- Process manual check calculations as needed.
- Maintain the employee accruals.
- Work with supervisors to resolve pay issues and disputes in a professional manner.
- Compile, verify and monitor vacations, holidays due and paid.
- Complete the overtime report on a weekly basis.
- Coordinate and follow through on any agreed upon programming changes and glitches within Kronos; this may often involve working with the Kronos Helpline.
- Provide user support for Kronos issues.
- Perform miscellaneous duties (prepare spreadsheets, upload budgets, etc.) as requested by Supervisor.
- Complete various weekly, periodic and annual reports as requested by Supervisor.
- Back up Billing and Cost functions.
- Maintain records on temporary labor services.
Perform all other duties as assigned by supervisor or management.
- Back up support to all ASP etc.
- Answer telephone calls received on plant’s general lines as needed.
- Maintain maintenance receiver files.
- Organize plant events.
- Pull, print and distribute inbound purchase orders.
- Will follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Will support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Will be accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Conducts required Quality Observations.
- Keeps work areas clean, safe, and organized at all times while working.
- Participate in all plant iniatives.
- Work in a safe manner following all department and plant safety rules.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- High School diploma required
- Payroll experience preferred
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information.
- Personal initiative and ability to prioritize and organize work without close supervision.
- Strong PC skills. Microsoft Wor d, Excel, Outlook, Access
- Knowledge of Kroger computer systems: Kronos Timekeeper, Business Objects, Infopac, Kermit, Mainframe, Prism, Calm Viewer and Content Manager.
This person must work closely with the Staff Management and Operations Supervisors. Will work with production, maintenance and ASP employees on an as needed basis.
Tools, Equipment, and Materials Used:
Computer, Kronos machine, copier, fax machine, telephone, calculator
Job Specific Additional Training:
Business Objects, Kronos
Kroger - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard