Company growth in the area of employee payroll has driven the need for additional processing support in the bi-weekly payroll process. This position will be responsible for assisting with the processing of payroll transactions, performing related analysis, and maintaining the related process internal control structures.
Responsible for assisting the Sr.Payroll Manager and Sr. Payroll Analyst with timely and accurate processing of the company-wide bi-weekly payroll while maintaining the internal controls that have been established around timecard and payroll processing.
As one of the primary payroll department contacts for employees, this position will be responsible for communicating with all employees and addressing issues such as time coding, payroll system changes, historical timecard corrections, managing correspondence within the Payroll Email Box, reviewing and approving workflow notifications from the HRIS system, calculation of manual adjustment and termination checks, record retention maintenance, verification of employment requests, other various payroll-related activities.
This position will also need to maintain a key internal relationship with Human Resources and maintain and develop key information sharing and process interdependencies.
- Ensure accuracy of timesheet coding and completeness of data input by employees by reviewing employee timecards
- Ensure validation of timesheet data and create all time and labor reporting to complete validation and balancing of data import into payroll system
- Ensure accuracy of additional pay input, bonus runs, incentives, and adjustments
- Ensure workflow notifications for new hires and terms are processed timely
- Ensure employee profile changes for direct deposit, names changes, address changes, raises, title changes, deductions, and earnings are validated
- Maintain payroll internal controls; insuring proper procedures, policies, and rules are applied to payroll activities.
- Ensure the accuracy and timely distribution of W-2’s by demonstrating a working knowledge of relevant payroll tax rules and regulations.
- Review payroll registers, manual and void check register each pay period for accuracy, completeness and compliance with the Company’s SOP’s.
- Produce 401K Reporting and provide to key stakeholders for processing and wire payments
- Perform ad hoc payroll-related research and analysis at the request of the Sr. Payroll Manager.
- Maintain internal relationship with Human Resources department, including mutual process dependencies, information sharing and internal controls.
- Process Verification of Employment Requests
- Manage Record Retention of Payroll Records
- Manage the Payroll Email Box emails, correspond, monitor and clear the box daily
High school diploma and two-year associate of arts (junior college) degree is mandatory. Bachelors degree in Business Administration/Accounting, Finance or other subject preferred (recent college graduate). FPC desirable.
2-4 years payroll processing experience preferably in manufacturing with experience in calculating shift differential.
Excellent organization, follow-through, initiative and aptitude payroll processing or analyst role is welcome.
Experience using significant payroll processing systems, Ultimate Software and/or Kronos Time and attendance preferred.
Experience using Microsoft Excel and Word is mandatory.
All employees (Payroll), Accounting and Finance department, Sales Operations department, CFO, auditors.