Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) offers employment opportunities in a variety of settings, including our downtown Minneapolis hospital and clinics, and neighborhood clinics throughout the metro area. We are committed to creating a culturally competent and inclusive work and care environment for patients, families, and staff, and we encourage interested applicants with bilingual and bicultural skills to apply for positions at HCMC.
The Payroll Analyst manages the biweekly payroll processing and mentors the Payroll Specialists in solving questions or problems associated with Payroll and Time & Labor issues. Areas include: biweekly payroll processing, response to confidential and sensitive payroll inquiries from HCMC employees, external vendors and government agencies including garnishment and child support administration; union dues deductions; calculation of retroactive salary adjustments. Responsible for the off cycle payroll process.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Three years of payroll experience with automated systems OR an approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- PeopleSoft Payroll for North America, Benefits and/or Time and Labor experience strongly preferred (8.8 or higher modules)
- Fundamental Payroll Certification or Certified Payroll Professional a plus.
- Knowledge of payroll regulatory standards and procedures (federal, state and local laws)
- Knowledge of applicable computer system and payroll software programs
- Skill in working independently, multitasking and prioritizing projects to meet deadlines
- Skill in researching, analyzing resolving payroll issues
- Responsible for the biweekly on-cycle payroll processes through post-confirm processes, including loading external benefits file, printing checks, leave accrual processing and distribution of various tax, accounting and departmental reports. Assists Specialists with review of payroll edits prior to completion of payroll transmission.
- Responsible for the off-cycle payroll run from entry of check data to transmission of the bank file.
- Monitors Time and Labor process to ensure jobs are running successfully. Research and communicate delays or problems with the Time and Labor program as needed. Assist Payroll Specialists with exception message review and resolution.
- Acts as a mentor to Payroll Specialist staff and assists with both departmental and external training. Departmental training may include: W-4 information, tax set up (state and local), garnishment set up, address changes and direct deposits.
- Ensures all employee information is accurate for tax reporting and W-2 processing and distribution. Includes research and resolution of items on the TAX900 error report; balancing of quarterly and annual payroll tax reports including W2 file balancing.
- Handles the direct deposit reversal & replacement process as well as the void & replacement check process including notification to the bank to issuance of a replacement payment.
- Provides outstanding customer service to all levels of employees, management, government agencies and vendors regarding payroll items.
- Acts as a key contact to Human Resources staff for payroll questions regarding sensitive and confidential employee information. Uses discretion in discussing or communicating confidential payroll or employee information.
- Performs confidential audits/queries of employee transactions involving salary or time reporting as identified.
- Identifies or researches items for process improvements within the PeopleSoft HRMS System that provide maximum benefits of a fully automated payroll system.
- Escalates items requiring management attention in a timely manner.
- Provides quality assurance and user acceptance testing for new or modified programs prior to migration to production environment.
- Creates basic queries using PS Query as requested.
You've made the right choice in considering Hennepin County Medical Center for your employment! HCMC offers a wealth of opportunities for our ever-changing population and is a place you'll feel challenged, rewarded, and appreciated. We are dedicated to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for both current and future employees, who want to make an impact in our patients' lives. Thanks for choosing HCMC!
HCMC has the following Success Factors that apply to all our employees to ensure competency. They are: exhibits accountability, demonstrates ethics and trustworthiness, delivers customer service, embraces differences, uses resources wisely, communicates clearly, builds and strengthens relationships, champions change and seeks continuous growth. Employees must be able to demonstrate competency in these areas.
Please Note: external applicants selected for an interview with Hennepin County Medical Center must provide data for a Criminal Background Study. Offers of employment from Hennepin County Medical Center are conditional and contingent upon successful clearance of all background studies.
Hennepin County Medical Center - 10 months ago