• High School Diploma or G.E.D.; Associate’s Degree in Business Administration or other related field preferred
• One or more years of payroll processing experience
• Familiarity with the features and functions of an automated payroll system
• Knowledge of multi-state and federal wage and hour laws and regulations
• Computer literacy including word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software applications
• Proven ability to protect the confidentiality of employee information
• Processing skills to generate detailed reports and statements and to research and retrieve data from multiple, related systems and databases
PRIDE Industries is a fast paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently seeking a Payroll Analyst II to join our outstanding team at our headquarters in Roseville, CA.
This position performs a variety of payroll accounting and processing duties. This includes preparing, processing, maintaining, verifying and reconciling payroll and benefit records of company employees; and assisting staff and management by answering payroll related questions and resolving issues. Knowledge of multi-state and federal wage and hour laws and regulations and the ability to process payroll transactions, produce reports and provide customer service to employees and management are required.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
• Perform a variety of administrative duties in the preparation and processing of payroll, salary, benefit and leave of absence calculations
• Assist department and staff by answering questions related to payroll data, procedures, transactions and resolve issues related to compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements
• Provide necessary data for district auditors and state and federal agencies in accordance with company policy and department procedures
• Process garnishments, levies and unclaimed property documents according to established guidelines
• Download data and produce standardized reports mandated by county, state, and federal regulations
• Design, format and produce a variety of payroll, salary and benefit reports for management
• Review requirements with requestor and determine specific data, formats and formulas to meet needs
• Process termination checks referring to wage and hour laws or Federal and/or Union contracts as applicable
• Conduct periodic system audits to ensure accurate payroll records and to monitor salary and benefit related data
• Create and distribute timesheets for regular, temporary and substitute employees
• Maintain payroll related files and records
• Perform other tasks and special projects as assigned
The qualified candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary to work well in a team-oriented working environment and to offer excellent customer service to interdepartmental management and staff. The ability meet deadlines, multi-task and adapt to changing priorities are required.
PRIDE Industries provides outstanding benefits including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K, vacation and sick pay as well as a competitive salary. If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply on-line at www.prideindustries.com. PRIDE Industries is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to affirmative action, work-force diversity and a drug-free working environment. View our website to learn more!
PRIDE Industries, one of the nation's largest employers of people with disabilities, provides a selection of outsourcing solutions to meet...