1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
3. Accurate mathematical computation.
4. Knowledge of health insurance desirable.
5. Ability to use office machines, including computer.
6. Good interpersonal skills.
7. Exercise sound judgment, initiative, and require minimum supervision.
Director of Business Affairs/Treasurer
To contribute to staff morale by the prompt and accurate handling of all payroll and insurance matters.
(The following are the essential fundamentals to include but not limited to the following job duties.)
1. Answer client questions and supply forms.
2. Determine eligibility and collect premiums, including payments from disabled and retired employees.
3. Determine and prepare detailed accounting of costs and prepare monthly reports.
4. Check statements against monthly reconciliation.
5. Maintain rosters and files of worksheets.
1. Assists in bi-weekly payroll process with time sheets, keying data, verifying account numbers, distributing pay statements; other duties as needed.
2. Key in payroll accounting entries.
3. Maintains benefits accounting; makes necessary entries and corrections.
4. Process U. S. Department of Labor report.
5. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Wages, hours, terms, and conditions of employment pursuant to negotiated agreement.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
(The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.)
: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and a generally hazard free environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use repetitive hand motions, including prolonged use of a computer terminal. The employee is frequently required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus with or without correction.
Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to compare, analyze, communicate, coordinate, instruct, synthesize, evaluate, use interpersonal skills, compile, and negotiate. The employee frequently is required to compute. The employee occasionally is required to copy.
Approved August 12, 1997
Revised January 2006
Decatur Public Schools - 7 months ago