Position Purpose -
Responsible for payroll processing, corrections, maintenance, filing, reconciliations, employment verifications, tax returns, fundraisers, etc.
This position will be filled at the level according to the candidate's experience and education level:
Payroll Associate III
Sr. Payroll Associate
For immediate position consideration, please apply online: www.lge-ku.com/careers
Major Accountabilities -
• Ensures confidentiality of all information.
• Performs various payroll calculations and correction of errors.
• Verifies all required payroll information for new employees in the system.
• Processes and close out time in Volts.
• Calculates and prepares off cycle checks.
• Maintains spreadsheets of quarterly and annual tax data for required reporting.
• Balance and prepare monthly, quarterly and yearly tax returns.
• Calculate and remit Bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly taxes.
• Balance, process and mail W-2 forms.
• Verifies transfers and terminations in PeopleSoft.
• Date entry and inquiry.
• Maintains records and controls for certain deduction and other information as assigned or required.
• Balance bi-weekly payroll reports including earnings, deductions and taxes.
• Prints, sorts and mails payroll checks and direct deposit advices.
• Prepares Journal Entries for bi-weekly payroll and off cycle payrolls.
• Completes employment verifications.
• Maintains positive pay system on BOA website.
• Completes maintenance for employee ID's in the Volts timekeeping system.
• Customer Service specialists for employee questions and corrections.
• Process year end gross ups
• Process relocation.
• Process TIA and STI
• Process monthly SERP
• Remit payroll deductions.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Recommended Education/Experience -
Requires a sound knowledge of established payroll procedures and Company policy as it relates to payroll matters. Requires 2-4 years of payroll experience.
Special Qualifications -
Must be able to organize statistical information and apply bookkeeping principles which would be typically gained through one to two years experience. Must be able to comprehend and apply computer-generated payroll techniques. Must be proficient with Word, Excel and other software packages.
City of Louisville, KY - 14 months ago