Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Daily activities related to the processing and control of multiple weekly union and non union payrolls
- Disbursement of payroll checks and direct deposit advices
- Payment of payroll taxes for multiple FEINs
- Reconciliation, control, disbursement and reporting of employees authorized and/or legally mandated payroll deductions.
- Assist end users in time entry, approval and processing of employee hours in the company integrated time and attendance system.
- Provide assistance to various departments in analyzing payroll and general ledger activity as well as other problems or questions regarding payroll and payroll expenses/liabilities.
- Handle special projects as assigned as well as assist in testing and verifying new computerized payroll enhancements for accurate functionality.
- Create and run various reports used for disbursements of voluntary and involuntary payroll deductions to various vendors, tracking of various payroll data for auditing and payroll compliance with various union agreements and labor law.
- Process various reports and queries that are used for year-end reporting, audits and on-going payroll research.
- Maintain and update employee payroll records for deductions, taxes, direct deposit, garnishments, union dues, etc.
- Responsible for year end processing including reconciliation, processing/distributing W-2's, processing special payments/adjustments.
- Responsible for processing tips within payroll as well as processing retroactive payrolls and off-cycle paychecks.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk the property.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Must have an analytical thought process.
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays as required by business needs.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to articulate strategies and implement policies.
- Ability to professionally interact with all levels of management.
- Successfully demonstrate the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work well under deadline pressure
- Must have the ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Must have the ability to handle confidential matters using sound judgment and discretion.
- Must have prior experience processing payroll within a union environment and filing paying tax deposits for multiple FEINs.
- Must have a thorough understanding of tip processing and as it relates to the Gaming Industry Tip Compliance Agreement (GITCA).
- Successfully demonstrate experience working with Ceridian, Time and Labor and Query Manager.
- Should possess strong knowledge of general accounting, payroll tax, legal and accounting requirements related to Payroll administration as well as internal processes related to Payroll administration.
- Must have excellent PC (Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook), calculator and computerized integrated payroll system skills.
- Must have at least 3 years relevant experience in Payroll administration.
- Minimum of 18 years old and must be able to obtain appropriate license pursuant to New York State.