The Payroll Lead Analyst works with the Payroll Manager, provides supervisory support to assigned Payroll Assistants/Temps. This position analyzes internal controls and processes, recommends changes and implements as instructed by Manager. The Payroll Lead Analyst insures that payrolls are processed consistently, based on company policies and department processes. Under direction of the Payroll Manager, this position distributes workloads based on vacation schedules and unexpected absences within the department. The Payroll Lead Analyst provides input to the department Manager for subordinate reviews. The Payroll Lead Analyst position will also work with the Payroll Manager and Senior System Administrator to process complex transactions and corrections within the time tracking and payroll systems. In addition to the Lead Analyst responsibilities, this position is also responsible for the review and processing of all payrolls.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Analyze internal processes/procedures, document issues, create new documentation where
necessary and present to department management for review and approval.
2. Implement new processes and ensure compliance under supervision of the Payroll Manager.
3. Monitor and re-assign workloads based on the ability of the staff, vacation schedules and
unexpected absences within the department.
4. Provide input to department Manager for employee reviews.
5. Ensure that payrolls are processed consistently and based on payroll procedures.
6. Oversee the release of payrolls to ADP in absence of the Payroll Manager.
7. Input and maintain payroll related employee information in the time tracking and payroll software.
8. Assist employees, managers and HR with questions/issues regarding pay discrepancies, pay practices, process & procedures as well as payroll related benefit questions.
9. Train and oversee Payroll Assistants/Temps in the day-to-day processing of payrolls.
10. Review HR/Payroll interface report each week to ensure the accuracy of the information and that appropriate back-up paperwork has been received from HR.
11. Notify HR of any errors/discrepancies of the data that has been entered into the HR system.
12. Process salary continuation payments based on company policies. Resolve/report all discrepancies of data received with HR, Benefits or the 3rd party administrator.
13. Run time tracking reports to ensure that all managers have approved their employee’s timesheets before signing off and locking the payroll for adjustments. Follow-up with managers who have not approved timesheets by the standard cutoff time to ensure all employees are paid.
14. Run weekly and adhoc reports in time tracking system to analyze pay abnormalities that will affect employee’s paychecks. Follow up with managers/HR as necessary to correct data.
15. Enter historical adjustments in time tracking system to correct any errors to timesheets that have been communicated by the managers.
16. Issue stop payments/direct deposit reversals as necessary with the appropriate banks. Create manual checks as necessary based on state, local and federal tax regulations.
17. Process employee garnishments/court orders taking into account state, local and federal laws that dictate when and how much can be taken for each garnishment.
18. Prepare tax transfers in payroll software for employees whose work/home location changes to another state or local tax jurisdiction. Must follow tax regulations based on the particular state or local tax authority.
19. Administer vacation, sick and personal accruals/allotments based on company policies. Adjust configuration in time tracking system to recalculate accruals based on the employee’s new classification (full-time to part-time, changes FLSA status etc.).
20. Verify payroll output. Document and file all appropriate back up associated with the key and critical SOX activities required by the SOX auditors. Qualifications -High school diploma or equivalent
- Associates degree or previous payroll background required
- Experience must include at least seven years of payroll processing
- Supervisory skills must be evident and sufficient to be successful in this position
- The ideal candidate will have strong oral and written communication skills, and be detail oriented and self motivated
- Strong organizational and analytical skills are required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is mandatory
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and work under deadlines while managing multiple tasks
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime
- Excellent administrative and interpersonal skills
AMC Networks Inc. - 2 years ago