Location: Lakeville - Massachusetts
Requisition #: C12-2441
Employment Duration: Full time
Last Updated: 9/6/12 3:56 PM
Company Overview For 80 years, Ocean Spray’s logo has been an enduring symbol of what we stand for - taste, health and heritage. From the creation of the Cooperative, to the steady wave of new products designed to delight customers today, Ocean Spray has a history of quality, great taste and innovative products. Beginning with the harvest, it is the spirit of discovery and determination, and the dedication of grower-owners and employees, that allows us to manufacture and market our products to delight consumers around the globe!
As we develop new products and expand our markets we are looking to hire talented individuals that want to be part of our team. If you thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, team environment you will love working at Ocean Spray. At Ocean Spray we understand the value of working together, while knowing each individual plays a vital role in the company’s success. Our business has always been and continues to be built on the people from different backgrounds, coming together for a common goal. The same sense of opportunity, resourcefulness and innovation on which the Cooperative was founded is what drives Ocean Spray today!
Description Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc. is currently looking for a Payroll Manager to join the Finance Division in Lakeville, MA .
Position Summary: This position manages and directs the activities and staff involved in the processing of payroll, payroll transactions, the maintenance of employee benefits, the posting to journals and ledgers, the development and management of all payroll systems and the generation of disbursements, reports and statistics for government agencies, external audits and corporate requirements. In addition, this position will perform special projects and analyses for management as directed.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Supervise payroll staff, including payroll supervisor and payroll specialist. Provide effective supervision, leadership, training, coaching, feedback and support to department.
2. Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
3. Ensures that payrolls are processed accurately and on time, including garnishments, benefits and taxes to employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
4. Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
5. Lead Performance Excellence initiative. Payroll Process Optimization Project work includes standardizing payroll processes, policies and reporting as well as centralizing all payroll processing to corporate from our plant locations.
Decision-Making Authority/Accountability Level:
This position works with limited supervision. Lead the organization to efficient payroll processes and centralize payroll as part of the performance excellence initiative in order to deliver improved controls, efficiencies and cost savings. Is accountable for payroll tax compliance that could have a significant impact to the company if reporting or payment errors occur. Incorrect 401(k) auditing of government limits can result in serious fines or plan disqualifications. Responsible for staff development, performance management, disciplinary action, and salary recommendations for department.
Minimum Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements:
Candidates must have a Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 7 years previous experience leading a payroll team. CPP designation is preferred. Must be a team player who is highly organized with exceptional project management and communication skills. Ability to manage and lead staff to superior performance. Proficient in ADP payroll and timekeeping systems as well as MS Office. Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential. Thorough knowledge in Federal and State tax withholding requirements, garnishments procedures, wage and hour laws.
Compensation and benefits are high on everyone's priority list, so it’s high on our list too. That’s why Ocean Spray provides competitive salaries and a wide variety of benefits - including programs that protect your health and welfare, help you prepare for retirement and truly enable you to balance your work and family life.
Ocean Spray is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AAP/M/F/V/D.
Monster - 12 months ago