The Vice President for Finance and Administration division is seeking qualified individuals for the position of Payroll Manager.
Established in 1804, OHIO University is the oldest public institution of higher learning in the state of Ohio & the first in the Northwest Territory. Located in the scenic Appalachian foothills, its classic residential campus in Athens, Ohio, is one of the most attractive in the nation.
A competitive benefits package is offered including education benefits for employee and eligible dependents.
- Oversee the day to day operation of the Payroll Office
- Furthers the university’s and department’s strategic goals
- Serves as the main point of contact for government and regulatory agencies as it relates to payroll matters
- Prepares both routine and ad hoc financial reports and reconciliations/analyses
- Responsible for oversight of the union contracts and retirement plans from an implementation standpoint with payroll systems, policies and procedures as well as ongoing monitoring to ensure compliance
- Serves as the functional lead on all payroll systems
- Assists in budget planning exercises related to personnel costs
- Serves a critical service role to campus and is expected to maintain an effective working relationship with Human Resources
- Responsible for continuous improvement of processes & developing added value services to improve customer experience
(Proficiency testing may be requested)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of payroll/disbursements experience
- A minimum of 5 years of managerial experience; ability demonstrated to lead staff to excellent performance
- At least 1 year experience with general ledger/account reconciliation
- Experience with a large complex organization payroll/disbursement operation
- Strong evidence of good judgement, effective decision making and creative problem solving
- Strong and demonstrated technical skills with preference in an enterprise resource system (i.e. PeopleSoft, Oracle) as well as a time and attendance system (i.e. Kronos, WorkForce)
- Effective conflict resolution skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully and efficiently operate a department
- Customer service experience with strong emphasis on maintaining compliance and providing satisfactory services to both internal and external customers
- Managerial experience within a payroll/disbursements department
- Experience in an e-procurement environment
- Experience with tax including employees working on visas as well as requirements related to Nonresident Aliens
- Advanced degree
- Fundamental Payroll Certification ( FPC ) or Certified Payroll Professional ( CPC )
Ohio University - 23 months ago