PAYROLL MANAGER – SAN FRANCISCO, CA
WideOrbit is the leading provider of advertising management software for large Media companies. WideOrbit’s comprehensive product line helps clients manage the entire workflow of advertising sales, from placement and optimization through to invoicing across multiple media, including broadcast television and radio, media networks, digital and mobile. More than 2,600 stations and networks around the globe operate on our core Traffic software, and more than 3,200 radio stations are powered by our radio automation platforms. Major media companies (ABC, CBS, NBC, CW, FOX) use WideOrbit software to deliver nearly 4 billion ad impressions per day and manage more than $24 billion in annual advertising revenue. WideOrbit is a fast growing, profitable company that is funded by world class Venture Capital firms, Khosla Ventures, Mayfield Fund, Hearst Ventures and Greycroft Partners.
Reporting to our Controller, the hands-on Payroll Manager will play a critical role in our finance team and take ownership of the daily functions for all our payroll operations, ensuring payroll and any related reports are processed and distributed timely and accurately. If you are self-motivated and comfortable with your role changing as our company grows organically and through acquisitions, this could be the right role for you.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Maintain the company’s payroll system by updating employee records and data tables, creating new employee records, making changes as needed, verifying and updating PTO data, and coordinating information with the Finance Department to make sure all numbers reflect our current employee base.
- Accurately process bi-monthly payroll of approximately 375 employees using Paylocity Web Based Payroll.
- Respond to routine inquiries concerning payroll ensuring high customer satisfaction while providing outstanding customer service.
- Review and analyze payroll reports for accuracy and make necessary adjustments or corrections as appropriate.
- Provide reports to finance and HR for accounting and benefits related matters.
- Coordinate and interact with federal and state agencies on issues pertaining to employee compensation, deductions and taxes. Ensure timely payment to federal and state agencies.
- Manage and train users on the company’s time and expense tracking system.
- Assist in preparing payroll journal entries for every payroll run.
- Reconcile payroll deductions each month to benefits provider invoices.
- Interact with HR to ensure that all system information is in sync.
Here’s what we’re looking for
- 3+ years of experience managing a payroll process for a mid-size company.
- Multi state payroll experience is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, CPP a plus.
- Experience with payroll software. Knowledge of Paylocity Payroll is a plus.
- Comprehensive knowledge of payroll tax notices.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem solving and process skills.
- Proven experience with handling confidential information in a professional manner.
- Proficiency in MS Office including MS Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with journal entry preparation
Compensation, Benefits and Perks:
Besides a competitive salary and great work environment, here are some of our additional benefits and perks:
Health insurance, stock options, sabbatical leave, great vacation package, work/life balance, life event benefits, casual work attire, snacks and coffee in the café, and opportunities to grow!
The position will be based in WideOrbit’s San Francisco office.
WideOrbit - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard