• Process semi-monthly and bi-weekly payroll for salaried, hourly, and expatriate employees using Peoplesoft 8.9 or 9.1 payroll and ADP eTime (TLM) applications.
• Ensure all earnings, deductions and benefits are balanced each pay period.
• Ensure all time entry is reviewed and corrected as necessary, and provide support.
• Knowledgeable of Union payrolls, audits, and contract interruptions
• Process vendor wires transfers.
• Ensure all new hires, terminations, pay increases, transfers, and adjustments (bonuses, automobile allowances, benefits, tax withholdings, exemptions, direct deposits, etc.) are paid accordingly.
• Prepare off-cycles and manual checks process as needed for payroll exceptions which may occur on a daily basis.
• Setting up general deductions, payroll taxes and garnishments/court orders (child support, tax levies, student loans, bankruptcies, states orders).
• Research payroll issues/discrepancies and process necessary corrections.
• Familiar with local, state, and federal wage and labor laws, employee benefit plans, employment practices, payroll taxes, and other regulatory and procedural requirements.
• Analyze and audit payroll data for payroll-related activity.
• Run and distribute various payroll reports, assist with payroll tax updates and testing as assigned.
• Assist with year-end processes, payroll audits, and special projects as required.
• Provide support to Business Units and clients as required.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Minimum 5 - 7 years progressive payroll processing and administration experience in a multi-state, multi-location environment.
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft 8.9 or 9.1 and ADP Time and Labor (eTime) systems required.
• Must be flexible and able to work well under pressure to meet deadlines, changing priorities and last minute changes.
• Abreast of local, state, and federal wage and labor laws, employee benefit plans, employment practices, payroll taxes, and other regulatory and procedural requirements in the U.S.
• Must maintain strict confidentiality.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Payroll Certification preferred.
• High School and/or related diploma with some accounting.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• MS Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.) and Access skills.
• Strong Customer Service skills.
Air Liquide – present in 80 countries with more than 50,000 employees – is the world leader in gases technology and health....