Division: Syngenta Business Service (SBS)
Function: HR Services
State/Province: North Carolina [NC]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Payroll Services Manager
Job ID: 4019
- Strategic and Operational Leaderresponsible for internal Syngenta associate Payroll functions for all of Syngenta in North America.
- Responsible for ensuring quality payroll services to the associates of Syngenta in North America, with planned expansion outside the US.
- Manages relationships with multiple external and internal vendors and service providers, including ADP National Accounts, Finance and Enterprise Applications among others. Owns the ADP HRIS system including international data.
- This includes day-to-day operations, issue resolution, reporting and continuous improvement of the function.
- Ensure a high quality outcome and positive service offering for the managers, associates, finance and HR organizations of the company.
- Provide Service Management of the Syngenta and Capgemini Payroll Services Analysts and support escalation, case analysis and performance tracking for processes to complete semi-monthly and monthly payrolls for Syngenta, ensuring all tax obligations are met and that all tax reporting’s filed timely and accurately and ensuring that all employees are paid accurately, timely and according to current pay practices and legislation.
- Successfully lead the Syngenta North American corporate payroll function, serving the associates of Syngenta in the US and the Syngenta Canadian payroll function. Responsible for the overall accuracy and timeliness of several individual payroll units/entities.
- Protects Syngenta’s reputation by ensuring our internal payroll processes meet all audit, legal and compliance tests. Responsible for ensuring successful mitigation of payroll issues and problems in line with regulatory constraints, company policy and the needs of the associates.
- Ensures all SLA and accuracy metrics are met. Development and production of effective payroll reporting and metrics to ensure highest quality operations and client satisfaction. Meets annual accuracy target so that our internal payroll is over 99.99% accurate.
- Ensures the HRIS system is accurate, secure, maintained and audited. This includes all our international data that is stored in the system. Ensure compliance with all Safe Harbor and International and Domestic data privacy laws and regulations.
- Manages and maintains positive relationships with vendors and service providers including Syngenta partners (ADP, Cap Gemini, Infosys), internal partners and external providers. These include: Compensation, Benefits and Finance.
- Production of associate W-2s, T-4s and other year end reporting as required by law and to support Syngenta. Effective management of special payroll run including annual bonus, stock and supplemental payrolls.
- Responsible for the management of the Payroll organization which includes payroll leads, contractors and strategic supplier resources (Cap Gemini and ADP). located in US, Canda, India and homeshored. Responsible for associate development, engagement and for meeting the company's leadership goals. Strong focus on continuous improvement and strategic planning for the future of the operation.
In Service Development and Deployment :
- Enable development & deployment of new services, processes, policies and functions.
- Projects Implementation
- Change Management
- Resource allocation
- Monitor Post-implementation
- Ensure development and delivery stages documentation and monitoring
- Activate at the Capgemini the processes innovations promoted by the CoEs
- Ensure all demands have feasibility, risk and benefits analysis
In Service Operations:
- Models and Leads Syngenta Business Services values and framework;
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) within the appointed process scope
- Integration into the Syngenta HR services delivery model;
- Understanding the delivery of end to end services across the HR TOM
- Deliver local HR processes which are within the area of subject matter expertise which are not in scope of the global service delivery model or the scope of the Global service delivery partner and maybe delivered by local vendors or other local resources.
- Deliver escalation and issue resolution service within the agreed governance working across the full HR TOM as necessary.
- Manage direct support and / or Capgemini delivery and escalation support of the following key activities:
-Responsible for the timely and accurate administration of multiple company payrolls within Syngenta US for semi-monthly (1200 employees) and monthly (3300 employees) payroll processing.
-Liaise with ADP Globalview (GV) to ensure proper processing and transmissions of payrolls via data transports to / from SAP system for wages and accumulators.
-Liaison for payroll accounting issues and ADP G/L interface. Review and resolve any Payroll to G/L issues in an accurate and timely manner; including but not limited to payroll journal entries.
-Ensure net pay data is balanced for benefit and savings plan administration
-Ensure timely processing and distribution of quarterly and annual reports
-Ensure compliance and process deductions and payments, including child support, garnishments, payroll taxes (federal and state), ACH, and wire transfers
-Resolve inquiries from employees and vendors related to payroll-related issues / services and database training as necessary
-Support of payroll system projects, implementations and upgrades as necessary for legislative compliance and business process improvement, including identifying changes within SAP and ADP Globalview applications to improve payroll operations.
-Administration of tax adjustments to correct records ensuring accurate quarterly and year-end tax reconciliations, including review of W-2 audit and W-2C’s.
-Prepare reports from SAP on regular and ad hoc basis as required, - assist with review of SUI reports.
-Ensure proper authorization is obtained for payment submissions and proper taxation administered
-Responsible for assisting with internal and external audit requests
-Responsible for assisting with Workers Compensation payroll reporting.
-Responsible for analyzing and resolving issues that create the need for off-cycle checks.
-Timely resolution of outstanding payroll issues.
-Responsible for maintaining wage / tax registers
-Manage various stock programs ensuring accurate taxation, income reporting, and corporate reconciliation.
-Create and maintain documentation for internal polices and ADP processing.
-Create job aids to assist with knowledge of many complex tax set ups and policy compliance.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- Bachelor's degree required preferably in Business Administration, HR or Information Systems.
- Master's degree highly preferred
- 12 - 15 years overall experience, with at least 10 years managing a group of people
- Experience running a complex, international payroll function.
- Thorough knowledge of payroll including processes, laws, taxation and financials. Inspirational people leader with proven track record of developing talent.
- Service orientation to meet the needs of the associates, managers and business of ADP.
- Experience meeting financial requirements while delivering against client satisfaction and SLA's.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to focus on continuous improvement and future needs of the organization. BPI(Business Process Improvement) experience a plus.
- Technical understanding of HR and Payroll Systems, how they work together and the downstream impact of data quality and accuracy.
- Ability to effectively interact with senior management on a regular basis
- CCP, FCP, SHRP or CPA a plus
- International experience strongly preferred
- The HRO Service Delivery Model
- Must have in-depth working knowledge of federal, state and local payroll and related laws / practices
- Proficient with SAP / ADP (Globalview)
Critical experience :
- 5+ years automated Payroll experience
- Must have full understanding of taxable wages pertaining to cafeteria plan deductions for Federal, SSA, State, Local, SUTA and FUTA withholdings.
- Previous experience with full-cycle, multi-state and multiple field office corporate payroll processing (including CA, HI, PR)
- Strong aptitude towards system application set up, maintenance and administration – including, but not limited to system administration tables, interface capabilities and file specification layouts. Assist with design of test procedures, defining test scenarios, and performing tests to eliminate problems or improve process controls.
- Tax reporting experience
- Ex-patriate payroll experience is a strong plus.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Ability to manage services provided by an off-shore 3rd party
- High degree of confidentiality of all pay-related data
- High level of payroll and tax knowledge to remain in compliance with payroll policies, regulations and procedure.
- High service quality to employees, team members, as well as external contacts by displaying professionalism via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person
- Self-starter with experience in problem solving and analytical review of payroll-related information
- Ability to prioritize and manage change while adhering to required deadlines which will require working more than a 40-hour work week
- Detail oriented with exceptional PC skills, MS-Office / MS-Excel skills (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.) required
- Flexibility to work in a team environment, as well as individually
- Able to work calmly and efficiently during stressful situations.
Critical leadership capabilities:
- Skillfully plans, organizes and monitors performance to meet deadlines
- Senses and adapts to the changing environment to achieve excellence in delivery
- Prioritizes actions and ensures appropriate support and resource
- Provides support for individuals and teams to work at their creative edge.
- Successfully manages stakeholder relationships and engagement
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Support stabilization of newly implemented 3rd party (ADP) pay process
- Support global project efforts to off-shore payroll transactional activities
- Minimum travel (5-10%)
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Must sign a Non-Compete if offered this position.
Syngenta - 15 months ago
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...