To process payroll for all Uplift Education staff on a timely basis; maintain payroll files for all employees, reconcile vendor bills for payment, help with gathering information necessary for TRAQS Reporting, handle payroll inquiries, support and provide assistance to Payroll Supervisor on an as-needed basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Input jobs, deductions, and payroll data into Payroll system, confirming changes to compensation and deductions, and maintain related files.
- Create and process monthly and semi-monthly payrolls through Payroll system.
- Communicate with H/R Data Specialist to obtain proper timesheet and payroll documents.
- Handle payroll inquiries or direct inquirer to HR.
- Print payroll and spreadsheet reports as needed.
- Communicate with HR Data Specialist in payroll matters such as overtime, absence from duty, hourly wages, dock pay and other payroll deductions.
- Oversee and administer Payroll Card Program.
- Process incoming and outgoing mail.
- File processed paperwork into employee payroll files, including creating new employee files as needed.
- Print checks and log them on check handling spreadsheet.
- Obtain proper signatures on checks and preparing them for distribution to Campuses.
- Finalize the print process for both paper checks and direct deposit vouchers.
- Print semi-monthly and monthly register reports, create files for them, and place in filing cabinet.
- Create payroll liability vouchers and include line items into them.
- Reconcile vendor bills to payroll liability vouchers.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma, previous experience with payroll/accounting. Excellent communication and public relation skills
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to read, analyze, and apply common sense understanding and to carry out instructions in written or oral form and be able to set priorities. This individual must possess the ability to communicate with all levels of personnel, students, and parents.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and possess the ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations as well as be able to operate a 10-key calculator.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must possess the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. An individual must also possess the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. An individual must also possess the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, possess the ability to use basic office equipment and the ability to learn and use other software as necessary.
Criminal records check, pre-hire and annually thereafter, if applicable. Must be eligible to work in the United States and provide work authorization.
PHYSICAL / MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit and use the wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Work at a desk and computer screen for extended periods of time.
The work environment is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The environment requires close proximity to other employees, frequent interruptions, extended periods of time viewing a computer screen, and noise levels from moderate to high. There may be activity from other employees and students of a distracting nature.
MODIFICATION OF DUTIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Uplift Education retains the right to change and/or modify the duties and essential functions of this position at any time. This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.