JOB TITLE: Payroll Specialist I
REPORTS TO: Controller
SUMMARY: Performs a variety of routine payroll functions under general supervision. Applies knowledge of standard payroll practices and procedures to ensure the accurate and timely processing of payroll. Additional AP & AR duties to be assigned.
ESSENTIAL TASKS & DUTIES:
- Processes of Biweekly and Semi-monthly Payroll for multi-state exempt and non-exempt employees (including commissioned sales) following company guidelines and procedures.
- Timely and accurate entry of payroll data;
- Prepares reports and analyses as required by management;
- Conducts 401K reconciliation for pay period;
- Ensures completion of supplemental payments and other special payouts;
- Audits timesheets, child support, garnishments, 401(k) changes, W4 forms, and direct deposits each payroll process;
- Tracks paid time off and other benefits;
- Prepares payroll journal entries in accounting system
- Cash posting of payments for USA and foreign entities and Quarterly cash receipts tracking.
- Invoice posting for USA and foreign entities.
- Gathering and recording monthly credit card expenses.
- Other related duties as required
Education & Experience :
Knowledge & Skills:
- An associates degree in accounting or finance or the equivalent combination of training and education.
- 2 or more years of direct experience in processing in house payroll;
- APA certification is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to understand, evaluate and make recommendations on processes or issue resolution;
- Sound knowledge of payroll administration, including federal and state regulations, in a multi state environment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively present facts and recommendations in oral and written form. Solid experience with MS Excel and MS Word.
The working conditions of this position will consist of an office within an electronic manufacturing plant environment with periodic exposure to chemical compounds and fumes associated with the manufacturing of electronic components, epoxy, solder, etc. Please refer to the MSDS Notebook in these departments for specific details regarding chemical exposure.
This position requires frequent sitting with occasional standing, walking, stooping, and kneeling. There is occasional lifting/carrying of boxed paper and computer forms weighing 50 lbs. Average vision and hearing is sufficient.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Compressor Controls Corporation - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard