To all recruitment agencies: BCD Travel only accepts resumes from agencies on the BCD Travel preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, BCD Travel employees, or any BCD Travel office . BCD Travel is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes. Violation of this statement with preferred vendors may result in termination of any active service agreements.
Job Summary :
Ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll
Job Specific Essential Duties & Responsibilities : Core
- Process time and attendance records for hourly employees and export to payroll system.
- Process time off requests for salaried employees
- Audit payroll results to ensure accuracy of payroll and changes made during process
- Administer and distribute payroll - Support and audit bonus, merit and other salary changes
- Process all manual payroll checks and maintain positive pay log
- Maintain employee spreadsheets
- Assist HR Customer Service with questions regarding payroll.
Secondary Duties & Responsibilities :
- Work with the Asst Manager Tax & G/L on employee related tax items and tax set up
- Support HR Business Partners in the training of new managers / supervisors on payroll procedures
- Work with accounting on any questions related to payroll adjustments
Essential Job Functions (Required for US):
Must be able to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned.
Key Contacts / Relationships :
Internal: Other HRSC team members, managers and supervisors, accounting department and employees
External: Ceridian, iEmployee
- 2-5 years Experience in payroll processing required.
- Proficiency at word processing, spreadsheet and e-mail software required.
- Capability of exercising extreme discretion and independent judgment.
- Dependability to handle extremely confidential information in a professional manner.
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to take direction and work well with others
- Must be able to work under the stress of and meet deadlines
- Must be able to concentrate and perform accurately while meeting applicable productivity measures
- Basic knowledge of Payroll Taxes & Accounting
- Experience with Ceridian Source 500 or Web/Latitude and iEmployee Time and Attendance desired.
- Proficiency at Microsoft Office applications preferred.
Critical Characteristics & Competencies :
- Capability of problem solving - Anticipating, initiating and resolving issues.
- Capability of maintaining a favorable company image when interfacing with outside sources.
- Capability of working in a team environment supporting management & staff, following policies, providing feedback, assisting in special projects, and taking on additional responsibility.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently, exercising discretion and judgment.
- Ability to demonstrate personal and organizational integrity.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proven pursuit of learning and self-development.
- Organizational and time management skills that result in high productivity.
- Professional manner, appearance, and telephone skills.
Physical and Mental Requirements (US only)
The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires an adequate range of body motion and mobility to enable the individual to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Requires ability to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday.
- Requires ability to move about to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Requires ability to operate a computer, telecommunication’s devices and other office equipment for prolonged periods of time throughout the work day.
- Requires ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Talking is important for those activities in which the employee must impart oral information to other employees, clients and customers, in person or via telephone, and in those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions and information to others accurately, clearly and quickly.
- Requires the ability to perceive the nature of sounds. Hearing is important for those activities that require ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, in person or via telephone, and to make fine discriminations in sound.
- Requires clarity of near vision. This factor is important when special and or minute accuracy is demanded and defective near acuity would adversely affect job performance and/or safety of self and others.
- Requires ability to work other shifts and weekends and in excess of 40 hours/week, as necessary.
Requires the ability to work and cooperate with other employees and clients at all levels and from diverse backgrounds to exchange ideas, information and opinions to facilitate the task at hand. Travel (for designated positions): Requires ability to travel by car, plane and train for prolonged periods of time domestically and internationally and to move and transport personal luggage.
Field of Interest Category:
Scheduled Work Hours:
Percent of Travel:
About BCD Travel
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. For travelers, this means keeping them safe and...