This position is responsible for providing payroll processing, administration, and compliance for CSM Lodging, in addition to serving as a back-up with various other affiliated companies resulting in accurate and compliant pay to associates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Payroll Support: The Payroll Specialist inputs, prepares, verifies data and transmits information to the payroll processing company to ensure that timely and accurate pay is delivered to associates on a biweekly basis. Responsible for daily imports/exports into payroll processing software and time reporting systems. Responds to routine and special request reports as needed and processes supplement pay as necessary. Manage associate leave of absence documentation and payments to assure accuracy and compliance. Keep documentation for all process and procedures current.
2. Kronos Support: Assist in the daily support and administration of Kronos time and attendance. Understand the relationship of the time keeping system and the HRIS system. Answer general questions about functionality, policy, and compliance.
3. Field Support: Maintain and develop internal and external customer relationships through effective communication, responding to requests in a timely and professional manner, and by keeping department members informed of problems or unusual matters of significance so prompt corrective action can be taken. Appropriately and professionally troubleshoot routine and complex payroll issues, correct problems and recommend necessary process changes. Serves as a resource to all associates on questions regarding payroll and time keeping matters. Maintains general knowledge of federal and state labor laws and CSM’s HR policies, practices and programs to service as a primary or back-up resource to internal customers.
4. Accounting Support: Work directly with cash management to ensure entries are completed timely and accurately. Establish working relationship with accounting department to assist in general ledger review, research, and support for management inquiries. Assist accounting in calculation of bonus/commission programs.
5. Tax Support: Administer preparation of withholding and unemployment tax returns to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
6. Records/File Management: Ensure that payroll and timecard records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements and company policies and procedures.
7. Reporting: Prepares various payroll processing reports, time and attendance exception reports and management reports as well as governmental compliance reporting as directed.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: High school diploma or GED required. Additional college education and CPP is preferred.
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Minimum five years experience in a position involving high volume payroll processing, wage and hour compliance and tax administration. Proven experience working with payroll software such as UltiPro and Kronos time and attendance required. Must have above average technical skills including Microsoft Office and HRIS systems. Strong interpersonal and customer service skill are required. Must be able to work extended hours if necessary to accomplish responsibilities.
- 3 years ago - save job