RPM Mortgage, Inc. is seeking an energetic Payroll Specialist to join our dynamic Human Resources and Payroll team. This role is responsible for a majority of the payroll activities for the company. The Payroll Specialist will support the Payroll and Benefits Manager and the Director of Human Resources in providing advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies, procedures, and documentation relating to payroll functions. This role is located at our Home Office in Alamo, CA and reports directly to the Payroll and Benefits Manager.
- Responsible for specific areas of payroll activities for the bi-weekly and weekly processing of payroll, and changes to payroll.
- Develop consistent procedures for handling all payroll related functions, responsible for tracking and maintaining procedures for preparing payroll batch for transmission, accounting reconciliation and manual check processing.
- Prepare and issue paychecks following company policies and procedures.
- Compile and input payroll data such as hours worked from timesheets, taxes, garnishments, and other records as applicable.
- Responsible for researching and resolution of all payroll related processing issues.
- Audit time and attendance records for hours worked, managers’ approvals, paid-time-offs, and bonuses earned.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma required and Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in a progressive payroll capacity.
- Accounting background experience is preferred.
- Tactfulness and proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Must have worked with a payroll size of a minimum of 500 employees, including multi-state payroll processing.
- Knowledge of State and Federal wage and hour laws.
- Proficient in the following software and payroll applications: PayChex and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time and responsibilities effectively.
RPM Mortgage, Inc. ranked 6th among medium-sized firms for Top Workplaces in the Bay Area! We are a dedicated group of Mortgage Loan Professionals and offer competitive salary and benefit packages. Background checks are performed prior to hire.
RPM Mortgage, Inc. - 6 months ago