The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the payment of W-2 wages/salaries for assigned program employees. The Payroll Specialist will work closely with other departments within Southwest Key to ensure that the Payroll Department has all necessary information to process payroll on a semi-monthly basis, including adjusting journal entries in the general ledger. The Payroll Specialist will maintain a flexible, organized, and efficient work schedule and is subject to work extended hours.
- Perform the full range of recordkeeping and payroll processing activities.
- Establish and maintain employee/payroll records.
- Audit timekeeping records for accurate pay and compliance with established organization standards.
- Maintain time and attendance records.
- Enter new hires into the timekeeping and payroll systems.
- Post changes in pay and tax status; compute wage and overtime payments; calculate and record payroll deductions.
- Process approved requests for paycheck advances.
- Process terminations.
- Calculate and prepare general ledger entries.
- Adhoc reporting.
- Process garnishments and levies as required.
- Respond in a timely manner to all pay inquiries.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years of payroll processing experience.
- Knowledge of payroll processing.
- Knowledge of Dynamics/Great Plains Payroll System.
- Understanding of Kronos timekeeping system.
- Prefer CPP certification.
Southwest Key was established with the objective of developing community-based treatment programs for troubled youth as an alternative to...