The Payroll Specialist is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of multi-state payroll for current customers which includes all processing activities together with computing wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording payroll deductions and processing miscellaneous payments. Reviews wages computed and corrects errors to ensure payroll accuracy, prepares payroll reports and conducts special research. Responds and assists in payroll issue resolution from Account Managers and other departments within the organization.
The purpose of the position is to add value by contributing towards the company’s mission of helping customer companies succeed through strategic outsourcing partnerships built with POISE (acronym for TriNet’s Core Values) and creating the best place to work. Supports the company’s objectives of 1) growth; 2) great and enduring company; and 3) client centricity.
• Compiles payroll data, enters data, computes and posts wage, and reconciles errors to maintain payroll records
• Responsible for high volume processing both on-cycle and off-cycle multi-state payroll for customers including termination and separation checks
• Audits payroll information for accuracy
• Calculates and processes Federal and State tax and social security withholdings, other deductions, insurance, benefits, 401(k) contributions and company match.
• Records changes affecting net wages, such as exemptions, insurance coverage, and loan payments for each employee
• Assist in preparing periodic reports of earnings, taxes and deductions
• Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
• Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests
• Ensures that payroll-related transactions are processed in compliance with policies and procedures
• Performs actions necessary to track and determine regular and overtime pay, and factors commission-based income or bonuses into an employee's salary.
• Reviews and processes payroll adjustments, including vacation, sick, and other time off.
• Maintains knowledge of rules and laws which govern the payroll administration practices.
• Maintains high level of confidentiality when dealing with payroll information
• Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
• Payroll certification preferred
• Minimum 2-3 years experience in Payroll
• Experience with multi-state payroll preferred
• Prior PEO experience preferred
• Customer service experience preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to maintain strong level of confidentiality
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
• Basic understanding of both state and federal payroll regulations
• Attention to detail imperative.
• Knowledge of multi-state payroll
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
• Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing and deadline-driven business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
• Minimal travel required
• Work in clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting
Since 1988, thousands of companies throughout the United States and Canada have placed their trust in TriNet to help them manage their Human Resources more strategically and cost-effectively. We give our customers the economies of scale they need to access and deploy Fortune 500-caliber payroll, benefits, and HR services. TriNet has a nationwide presence, an experienced management team, and belongs to the Inc. Magazine Hall of Fame for being one of the fastest growing, privately-held companies for five consecutive years. We are a mature organization that embraces and rewards both bold strategy and disciplined execution.
TriNet - 7 months ago