inVentiv health offers best-in-class Clinical, Consulting and Commercial services to global companies seeking to accelerate performance. With 13,000 employees in 40 countries, we rapidly transform promising ideas into commercial reality. inVentiv has committed itself to hiring and retaining the very best talent in the healthcare industry, those who have a single common characteristic: the desire and aptitude to succeed. We are focused on hiring the best, those who possess unparalleled knowledge and experience as well as a passion for delivering exceptional ideas and service to our clients. In turn, inVentiv provides an opportunity-rich environment where employees can grow as professionals in one of many disciplines and pursue long-term career goals throughout our worldwide network of locations.
The Payroll Supervisor will provide leadership to a payroll sub team that will be responsible for processing the biweekly payroll for hourly and salaried employees. Primary responsibility is to process all payroll related changes for 4,000 - 8,000 employees in accordance with the company policy, and State/Federal wage and hour regulations, including the Fair Labor Standards Act. This position will be responsible for all the tasks of a payroll coordinator as well as perform the supervisory tasks for a payroll team of 3 - 5 individuals. Accomplishes payroll department objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching and supervising employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Meets payroll operational standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
- Meets payroll financial standards by providing annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
- Updates records by reviewing and entering changes in exemptions, insurance changes, deductions, paid-time not worked, status, and pay; calculating vacation earned.
- Prepares pay by verifying time records; calculating and producing checks or electronic transfers; calculating and producing quarterly incentive bonuses.
- Balances payroll accounts by auditing information; identifying and resolving discrepancies; initiating journal entries.
- Determines payroll liabilities by entering federal and state income and social security tax information, 401k transfer and direct deposits, wage assignments and garnishments.
- Fulfills wage garnishment requirements by completing forms; adjusting payroll records, documenting and transmitting withholdings; negotiating with collection agencies to convert garnishments to wage assignments.
- Maintains life insurance by updating calculations; preparing check requests; initiating disbursements.
- Remits tax payments by collecting and verifying data; preparing federal, state, and local tax reports, and W2 statements; initiating payment.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation and maintenance of all payroll and disbursement records, reports and files, and in the processing and issuance of the payroll.
- Minimum of 5 years of payroll experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of fast paced customer experience.
- Experience with ADP payroll systems.
- Experience in a shared service environment and solid understanding of HR cycles.
- Ability to effectively supervise team members and work as a member of that team and organize work activities for other members of that team.
- Strong management and customer service skills.
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; appropriately communicates with all levels of customers from assistants to Sr. Executives.
- Knowledge of tax reciprocity rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of email, Internet Explorer, Excel
inVentiv Health & its Clients are equal opportunity employers and are committed to employing a diverse workforce
At inVentiv health, we believe in providing an environment and culture in which Our People can thrive, develop and advance. We reward and recognize our people by providing valuable benefits and a quality of life balance.
InventivHealth - 23 months ago