Restoration Hardware is looking for a PAYROLL SUPERVISOR in our Finance/Accounting department (temporary position).
The perfect candidate will have an immediate connection to our Core Values (People, Service, Quality and Innovation). This candidate will be extremely flexible and enjoy a “startup” mentality and environment that changes day to day and will “assume positive intentions” at all times. Candidates who are personable, open to learning, collaborate well with others and have a positive attitude, and are more apt to saying “yes” or “we’ll try” (rather than “no” or “that’s impossible”) will be at the top of our list.
The Payroll Supervisor is responsible for supervising the process and reporting of Restoration Hardware, and Restoration Hardware Canada biweekly payroll. This includes coordinating payroll, data entry, auditing both Payroll and Human Resource data entry, reporting Washington State, Ohio State, and Canadian Worker’s Compensation, along with providing Customer Service to approximately 3,000 employees.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of payroll data entry and submission to external payroll processing agencies.
- Verify and validate results from external payroll processing agencies.
- Ensure proper reporting of 401k, FSD, FSH, Advance, Garnishment & Taxes.
- Complete reconciliation for payroll general ledger accounts monthly.
- Serve as technical expert for payroll issues through deep understanding of Payroll Law, Tax Regulations and Accounting Principles.
- Perform ad hoc reporting as required.
- Supervise assigned staff.
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with co-workers and staff members at all levels within Restoration Hardware.
Job Related Competencies:
- Live and teach Our Core Values, Our Leadership Contract, and Leadership is a Choice.
- Ability to work independently while setting own pace and priorities to meet processing and reporting deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced environment responding both to customer and management needs.
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills to ensure accurate and timely reporting of payroll information to customers.
- Thorough understanding of Payroll rules, regulations, reporting requirements and taxation.
- Must be organized and detail oriented and can easily identify with customer needs.
- Demonstrated supervisory and management leadership skills.
- Proficiency in either ADP or ProBusiness
- ReportWriter or ReportSmith skills.
- Above basic Excel skills.
- A minimum of 5 years of payroll management experience.
- Processing payroll for 2,500 or more employees.
- Multi-state & Canadian payroll.
Restoration Hardware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Restoration Hardware is a luxury brand in the home furnishings marketplace offering furniture, lighting, textiles, bathware, décor,...