Under the supervision of the PDS Clinical Supervisor or the PDS Director, is responsible for the provision of pediatric occupational therapy services, consultation, and early intervention services at the clinic and in conjunction with other projects (i.e., Health Development Services (HDS) project).
- Provide Occupational Therapy services for children referred to the Pediatric Developmental Services department, including the following:
- Conducting OT evaluations, consultations, and treatment sessions
- Educating parents/caregivers in home program activities
- Assisting patients with obtaining necessary adaptive equipment
- Referring patients to other community agencies as needed
- Communicating with referring physicians as needed for care coordination
- Completion of documentation according to program-specific guidelines
- May provide home visits for OT treatment or early intervention services to infants and toddlers under 3 years of age, according to recommendations on a child’s IFSP.
- Provide consultation services for children enrolled in Early Intervention services with child development specialists and for children enrolled in the Healthy Development Services program (a program serving children ages birth to 5 years, with mild to moderate developmental delays).
- Collaborate with inter-disciplinary team members, including physical therapists, speech/language pathologists, and child development specialists.
- May supervise COTAs as needed
- CPR Certification
- Current CA Occupational Therapy license
- M.S. in Occupational Therapy, or equivalent
- Must have own vehicle, valid CA Drivers License and current auto insurance as required by law
- Knowledge of basic Spanish highly desirable
- Three years experience in Pediatric Occupational Therapy. Experience in Early Intervention is desirable.
Family Health Centers of San Diego - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard