We are in need of a Speech Language Pathologist to work with children in their homes and other environments as needed. You will specifically be working in the Early intervention program with children aged birth-3 years.
This position has the potential to grow into a Lead/Management position.
Job description includes:
1. Work involves developmental screening/assessment, speech therapy services and consultation with family members and other professionals working with the family.
2. Educate family members and caregivers on different intervention strategies to facilitate active involvement and carry over at community settings.
3. Work is performed in such diverse settings as clinic, client homes, family day care homes, day care centers, or other community settings.
4. Follow individualized Service Plan, plan ongoing treatment, and interprets goals and treatment plan to parents and makes recommendations for further developmental assessments as needed.
5. Participate in monthly agency staff meeting.
6. Prepares progress reports at six month intervals and annual reviews.
7. Maintains client records and submit them to agency within established deadlines.
8. Other duties assigned by immediate supervisor within scope of work.
Home visits average 60 minutes.
Whittier is known for its friendly neighborhoods, tree-lined streets, good schools, and as a great place to raise a family. Whittier has a variety of "hidden gems" that are worth exploring. Activities in the arts are plentiful and if you enjoy nature, Whittier is a great place to visit for the “outdoorsy” person.
Uptown Whittier, the charming historic shopping district, is the "heart of Whittier" and features an eclectic array of boutiques, a variety of dining opportunities that range from casual barbecue to fine dining and a historic restored multi-screen movie theater. Uptown, nestled against the Whittier hills, also serves as a scenic backdrop for special events such as antique fairs, vintage car shows and the annual Christmas Parade.
The People Link Corp - 8 months ago