Employee Type: Part-Time (20 hrs per week)
Facility: Multiple Locations
Base Pay: $10.55 - $11.18 /Hour
The role of the peer advocate is to provide peer-to-peer support and self-help services to clients. The position is reserved for an individual who has been functionally disabled with psychiatric illness.
- Prior work experience in peer support activities.
- Certificate from DMH sponsored Peer Training class.
- High School graduate.
- Ability to work and relate effectively with multidisciplinary treatment team, clients and the public.
- Ability to run an educational or support group.
- Knowledge of community resources and basic computer skills.
Gateways hospital and Mental Health Center offers services under contract with the Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health. As many...