TITLE: Aircraft Maintenance Assistant (AMA)
Aircraft Maintenance Assistants are responsible for assisting Aircraft Maintenance Technicians perform high quality routine and non-routine maintenance for various types of aircraft. AMT Assistants should possess basic math reasoning and troubleshooting skills, and be somewhat mechanically inclined. Ability to read schematics a plus.
The AMT position is a technical services position whose work routine varies while following strict safety and set procedures. It functions under supervisory direction or guidance of the Maintenance Duty Manager.
Essential Duties of AMA's
- Aids various line maintenance related services of transport category aircraft, along with non-routine and routine line maintenance activities.
- Complete all required maintenance records in an accurate and timely manner
- Interpret technical manuals, engineering drawings, blueprints and schematics
- Operate all related ground handling equipment utilized to service the aircraft
- Present a clean and neat work area to our customers
- Support all company policies and safety programs to include AS9100, OSHA and EPA guidelines
- Performing tasks in a fast paced environment
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Candidate must be reliable and dependable
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and Manager
- Attention to detail and excellent customer service absolutely essential for success
Qualifications of AMA's
This Position Requires:
- To be considered for this position you must be enrolled in an Aircraft Maintenance Technician certification program.
- Must be able to work cohesively as part of a team, with multilevel guidance and supervision.
- Must be willing to work long hours in inclement weather as necessary, while adhering to strict regulatory specifications and guidance
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Must be willing to work in inclement weather
- Good communication skills
- Must be a U.S. citizen or show proof of right to work in the U.S.
- High School graduate or GED
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift 60 pounds comfortably
- Able to fluently read, write, speak and understand English
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Ability to work under stressful situations and tight time constraints
- Self-motivated, team player
- Required to work nights, weekends, holidays, and varying schedules
- Successfully complete a background investigation, including FBI fingerprints, criminal history and pre-employment drug test
Background position skill ranking areas:
1. Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
2. Write routine reports and correspondence.
3. Speak effectively one-to-one and before groups of customers or employees of the organization
4. Communicate with customers within and outside of the United States. These customers include many for whom English is their second language. Applicant must be patient and tolerant of differing cultural values and lingual challenges.
1. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
1. Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram form.
2. Deal with problems involving many concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands: moderate.
Must be able to lift, carry, move, push, pull and install 60 lb components unassisted, have acceptable vision, hearing, and be willing to wear all required safety equipment. (Personal Protective Equipment – PPE) Regularly required to use hands, talk, hear, bend, stoop, kneel, and is frequently required to stand, walk.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus.
This position is usually working outside and is exposed to all types of weather conditions with a seasonal range of temperatures which include rain, snow, wind and extreme temperatures.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can vary dramatically depending on location and activity. Occasionally high noise levels exist where hearing protection is required and provided.
Fair Labor Standards Act Status: Nonexempt or hourly
The above is not intended to list all possible essential functions or requirements as they are subject to change. The employer reserves the right to revise or change this description. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. All employees are expected to work varying hours of compensated overtime to accomplish various duties. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the above essential duties and meet the physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to meet these conditions.
Maintenance & Repair
Pegasus Aircraft Maintenance, LLC
NANA Development Corporation
- 2 years ago - save job
Pegasus provides 24-hour customer technical communication to ensure maintenance, operations, and crew scheduling are continuously...