AGL Services Company
AGL Services Company is the organization which supports the AGL Resources footprint in “shared services”. Functions of AGL Services Company include Accounting and Finance, Audit, IT, Human Resources, Engineering, Operations, and more.
About AGL Resources
AGL Resources (NYSE: GAS) is an Atlanta-based energy services holding company with operations in natural gas distribution, retail operations, wholesale services, midstream operations and cargo shipping. As the nation’s largest natural gas-only distributor based on customer count, AGL Resources serves approximately 4.5 million utility customers through its regulated distribution subsidiaries in seven states. The company also serves more than one million retail customers through its SouthStar Energy Services joint venture and Nicor National, which market natural gas and related home services. Other non-utility businesses include asset management for natural gas wholesale customers through Sequent Energy Management, ownership and operation of natural gas storage facilities, and ownership of Tropical Shipping, one of the largest containerized cargo carriers serving the Bahamas and Caribbean region. For more information, visit www.aglresources.com .
- Provides functional and technical support for corporate systems utilized by the enterprise
- Responsible for adherence to policies and procedures for SDLC, change management, incident management, release management, problem management, etc.
- Acts as lead and/or Subject Matter Expert on technology projects collaborating with the PMO
- Monitor and adhere to compliance in support of SOX and other required controls
- Works with business partners to create functional and technical specifications for system changes and updates
- Communicate and support the corporate system strategy and vision
- Monitors emerging technologies, processes, and best practices
- Evaluate and address risks for corporate systems
- Identify potential opportunities/challenges and project consequences
- Support corporate application system efforts to ensure robust, extensible, scalable, highly performing systems are maintained
- Develop and manage vendor relationships
- Collaborates and builds relationships with stakeholder groups to form effective partnerships across the enterprise
- Participates in and provides guidance and oversight for governing bodies (Change control boards (CCB), Application review committee (ARC), Technical architecture group (TAG), etc.)
- Monitor against metrics/deliverables: hold self and others accountable for results
- Identify and direct process improvement initiatives
sologig - 10 months ago