USA-NY: NEW YORK-ALBANY
Remote Work Authorized
Yes, 100 % of the Time
Dec 7, 2012, 10:14:18 AM
CSC's Federal Consulting Practice is a dedicated management consulting group that provides CSC's government clients with business management expertise. This practice provides specialized business and technology consultants who can look into the specifications of a program from multiple perspectives, understand the complexity of the issues and then design comprehensive solutions that support business needs and optimize technical infrastructure. We have many new opportunities and are looking for qualified PeopleSoft consultants to join our team!
Candidate must have hands-on PeopleSoft development experience with PeopleSoft 9.x/Tools 8.5x, SQR, PeopleCode, Application Engine, XML Publisher and Component Interface. Experience with state or local government a plus. Responsibilities to include:
· Working with functional SMEs to fully understand requirements; gathering technical requirements and preparing technical specifications.
· Coding, testing, debugging, and documenting reports, interfaces, conversions, and extensions. May assist in the modification of company products and/or customer/internal systems to meet the needs of the client and/or end-user.
Essential Job Functions
- Gathers process redesign requirements; coordinates and participates in development activities and support the testing and implementation of package-based application software (Business).
- Builds expertise in interface and data conversion requirements, capabilities and limitations, and setup and configuration issues associated with product modules in specialty area(s) (Business).
- Understands the purpose, roles and activities related to a solution demonstration lab (SDL) and participates in applying this technique to facilitate application design and implementation (Business).
- Develops working knowledge of the Catalyst-prescribed approach with respect to package-based development and equivalent vendor methodologies (Methodology).
- Leads a team of 3-5 resources (company, client and third-party resources), in area of expertise, to conclusion of a project phase (Management).
- Maintains conceptual understanding of enterprise software package solutions and related implementation issues from a technical perspective (Technical).
- Establishes credibility at all levels within the client and builds problem-solving partnerships with the client and colleagues (Relationship Management).
- Assists sales staff in qualifying leads and generating proposals (Leverage).
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel (Leadership).
- Communicates in formal presentation settings including proposal orals, client workshops and regional internal events; develops proposal sections, methodology work products and formal written deliverables covering area(s) of expertise (Communication).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- Five or more years of consulting experience with business analysis and software product implementation
- Experience working with CSC Catalyst and/or equivalent client or product-mandated methodology
- Experience working with one or two product modules and associated business and technical integration issues
- Experience working with detailed product functionality and features within specific specialty area(s) and associated best practices
CSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- One to two years of additional relevant experience in one or more business or industry specialty areas
- Good skills in package-based development (PBD) concepts and activities
- Good communication skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
- Ability to devise creative business solutions
- Ability to convey a strong presence, professional image, and deal confidently with complex business problems
- Willingness to travel
CSC - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
For over 50 years, CSC has been a leader in the global IT industry.
Early on, we were instrumental in the rise of the U.S. space...