A Presales Solution Engineer will work as part of the technical account management team working closely with the Percona sales team. Your job will be to work with the sales team to help match customers needs before the sale with the right mix of open source technologies, Percona services, and Percona products. The Presales Engineer must have strong communication skills and an excellent rapport on the phone. The candidate must have a strong background in MySQL and database related technologies along with a strong desire to learn the ins and outs of the solutions we build for our customers. Customers will ask you the tough questions, and your answers will reflect on all of us. |
This position will also be responsible for working with customers after the sales process. Post sales you will continue to maintain those customer relationships, helping those customers match the right mix of services to meet their needs, and helping to uncover new opportunities.
This position is primarily a work from home position, hoever some travel is required. Candidate must be willing to work some hours during west coast business hours.
What are some of the things we are looking for:
Discover what it means to work with the smartest people in the industry, solving the most challenging problems our customers can dream up and throw at you. Work from home, with minimal required travel. Great benefits, flexible hours, and a chance to be part of a company that°s changing the industry.
- 5+ years experience with MySQL based solutions
- 5+ years experience in architecting or running large database centric infrastructures
- 3+ years of designing, deploying, or running high availability solutions
- 3+ years of working with and understanding various cloud based architectures and solutions
- Knowledge, and a deep understanding of various data storage methods and technologies including various non-relational tools like MongoDB, Redis, Hbase, Hadoop, etc.
- A strong desire to learn and keep ahead of the industry by quickly researching and adopting to new techniques and technologies
- Driven and Highly motivated, capable of working independently
- Outside the box thinker
Percona provides expert consulting, support, training, and services for MySQL and LAMP stack environments. We are a family-friendly, bootstrapped company that ’s privately owned, with no plans to go public or be acquired. This makes Percona feel very different from many high-tech companies. It means we ’re working hard to succeed, but at the same time, success means we all benefit — not just a few people at the top. We believe in compensating people according to their contribution to the company. We work from home, interacting through Skype, IRC, and email. Once a year we have an all-company meeting, including family members, children and significant others. We frequently get together in small groups at conferences or for business meetings.
At Percona, we focus on our customers° and users° needs. We°re making the world a better place through open-source projects such as XtraDB and Maatkit. We believe that knowledge wants to be free.
Percona - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard