Job Title: Performance & Capacity Consultant
Job ID: 03477
Division : Sales,Strategy, Tech & Op Dept
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Position works closely with multiple teams (both internal and external) and will also need ability to work in a large matrix organization.
Preferred candidates will have sales analytics experience and experience delivering presentations to large groups.
This position works primarily with sales management as a dedicated consulting resource in an assigned sales states and region. Provides planning, analysis, and implementation support to help drive sales capacity growth, increased agent success rates, reduced acquisition costs, optimized distribution capabilities, and drive profitable growth via improved retention and increased new business production. Leads cross-divisional initiatives to ensure the division is effectively and efficiently supporting agent growth, agency performance management and capacity planning.
- Agent Capacity Planning (40%)
- Supports sales management in developing a clear vision and realistic goals, and assists in identifying key strategic and capacity issues within the sales states and region.
- Acts as the lead for near-term and long-term capacity planning efforts for assigned sales states.
- Identifies untapped agent capacity growth opportunities within the sales states, either by state/district, geography, or product line.
- Provides consultative guidance to sales management to ensure that actionable capacity plans are in place for the sales states.
- Assesses progress and performance relative to the goals laid out in the capacity plans, and makes recommendations for modification, as appropriate.
- Working with the Sales Vice President, sets the overall strategic direction for Agent Capacity for their respective region. Provides high-level recommendations to executive management on long-term agent capacity and viability.
- Drives changes by evaluating the impact at a strategic level and leads implementation across divisions. Conducts analysis to identify if changes are necessary to maintain or improve agent capacity effectiveness.
- Sales Management Support (25%)
- Leads projects via cross-divisional teams to execute agent capacity and growth initiatives.
- Leads implementation efforts for capacity or growth projects requiring corporate support at the district or agent level.
- Drives agent capacity growth and sales leadership effectiveness strategies through the development and implementation of appropriate initiatives.
- Develops an understanding of key competitors and demographic trends in the sales states and region. Monitors this information to generate improving capacity plans and increasing agent success rates.
- Models potential sales districts changes to optimize placement of the agency sales force.
- Assists in action plan development and provide project management support to ensure that key regional and state growth initiatives are effectively implemented.
- Agency Performance Consulting (25%)
- Consults sales management on developing future agents in the hiring and onboarding process.
- Provides sales management with guidance on developing agent level business plans.
- Provides sales management with information needed to properly manage agents throughout the business life cycle
- Implements the uniform strategy and approach to agency performance management. Further defines agent needs, and supports company decision making that balances the needs of agents and the goals of the company.
- Engages sales management in agent performance management strategy, processes and programs.
- Effectively communicates agent performance management strategy to sales management and other business partners.
- Sales Reporting and Analysis (10%)
- Assists sales management in making informed business decisions by drawing on appropriate data and by acting as a gateway to other corporate resources.
- Understands and explains forecast deviations and assist in redeploying resources to achieve planned numbers.
- Evaluates and analyzes market conditions to identify opportunity for growth without impeding existing agent viability. Translates regional, state and SBU objectives into actionable capacity plans at the district level.
- Collaborate with sales reporting and analytics unit to provide sales management with detailed analysis of sales capacity and new agent success data at the regional and state levels, and proactively identifies emerging trends within the results.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Analytical Thinking
- Relationship Building
- Strategic Thinking
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience in project management methodologies, practices, techniques and tools.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of analytical tools.
- This position requires travel up to 50% of the time.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 17 months ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...