Position: Performance Analysis Engineer
Location : Danbury, CT
About our Company :
FuelCell Energy, Inc. (NASDAQ: FCEL) is a world leader in the development and manufacture of fuel cell power plants for clean, efficient and reliable electric power generation. With approximately 180 megawatts of power generation capacity installed or in backlog, we are a global leader in providing ultra-clean baseload distributed generation to utilities, industrial operations, universities, municipal facilities, government installations and other customers around the world. Our power plants have generated over one billion kilowatt hours of power using a variety of fuels including renewable biogas from wastewater treatment and food processing, as well as clean natural gas. The Company is currently in a growth mode and engaged in significant commercial development activities to ramp the business and sales of our DFC ® Power Plants.
- Analyze performance of Direct Fuel Cell (DFC) and stacks and provide understanding of factors controlling DFC stack performance & durability.
- Identify performance degradation mechanisms and validate with operational and post-operation data.
- Provide technical support for DFC stack operation
- Take leadership role in resolving operational issues.
- Identify opportunities for performance improvement and life enhancement.
Education: M.S. or Ph.D. Degree in electrochemistry or chemical engineering
Experience: 1 year of experience with Ph.D. or minimum of 3 years related experience with M.S. acceptable. Experience in Fuel cell electrochemistry and testing\diagnostics needed
Ideal candidate will have / be:
We offer a competitive salary, bonus, opportunity, and comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, company-paid life/disability insurance, 401(k) plan, employee stock purchase plan and generous paid leave.
- Strong fundamentals in electrochemistry. Knowledge of fuel cell degradation mechanisms Fuel cell and stack characterization techniques (impedance, current interruption, etc.),
- Experience in data interpretation and analysis needed. Strong problem solving skills required.
- Computer knowledge: Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Project). Modeling experience especially with CFD (Fluent) is desired.
- The candidate should be able to independently analyze fuel cell operation data and identify areas that need improvement, work with multidisciplinary teams to resolve issues , and report results and updates to managers.
- Natural leader, team player, problem solving aptitude, focused on goals, good attitude
No agencies please.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
FuelCell Energy, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.