The Performance Analyst reports to the Manager of Business Analytics and is responsible for the support of day to day reporting within the analytics team and well as supporting the development of new reports, business performance tools and other analytical processes. “Get it done” mentality that proactively jumps into opportunities, always meeting or exceeding scheduled deadlines
This position can be based in Atlanta, White Plains, or Manhattan.
- Support the delivery of timely accurate management information which includes providing bespoke management information and insight to help managers make key decisions about their business.
- Support the development of robust and logical presentations for senior management.
- Gather business requirements for reporting requests and synthesizing into business case.
- Document internal reporting processes and procedures.
- Help proactively manage project workflow and communicate project timelines to internal business team.
- Help support the day to day management of internal reporting processes to ensure process run smoothly.
- Proactively help drive process automation within internal reporting.
- Ability to take ownership over ad-hoc internal reporting request work flow with little to no oversight.
- Strong interest or background in analytical processes.
- Experience with requirements gathering and report design.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Extremely detailed oriented with a focus on providing accurate information the first time.
- Natural curiosity coupled with a strong work ethic
- Experience gathering, organizing and reporting from large data sets a plus.
- Knowledge or work experience in the insurance industry a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of third party data sources (US Census, Oxxford, D&B, Experian) and experience synchronizing third-party data with in-house information a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products including Excel, Powerpoint, and word (Access a plus).
- Knowledge of or ability to learn Microsoft SQL a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn Cognos Studio packages a plus but not required
At Hiscox, we encourage courage in our partners, our clients and ourselves. We work with our broker partners and the insured to give...