The Performance Analyst will primarily will be responsible for the preparation of analytics data needed by Portfolio Management, Investment Oversight, Marketing, Client Service, Legal/Compliance, and additional areas within the enterprise. In addition to analytics support, the Performance Analyst will participate in the implementation of a new performance system as well as projects which arise in support of the enterprise.
Skills and Knowledge:
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Analytical skills are key
• Aptitude for financial calculations and methodologies
• Process orientation with proven abilities to streamline tasks
• Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Third party data knowledge of Factset, eVestment, Lipper, Barra and Morningstar preferred
• Exhibited skills in problem identification and problem resolution
• Ability to work independently with limited direction
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Effective time management skills
• Effective with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Access
• Experience utilizing desktop automation tools (VBA Excel/Access)
• Eagle experience a plus
• Support critical reporting needs for performance, attribution, characteristics and performance statistics.
• Seek areas where recurring requests arise and look for ways to standardize these requests.
• Develop, automate, and enhance performance reports.
• Work with Vendors on performance issues.
• Communicate with various levels of leadership.
• Utilize multiple tools (both proprietary and third party) to gather information
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors degree in Business (Finance, Mathematics, Accounting, Economics).
• CIPM or CFA candidate preferred
• Work experience of 1-3 years performance or competitive analysis experience required.
• General knowledge of investments as applied to Mutual Funds, Institutional, Wrap and Collective Investment Trusts.
• Understanding of performance concepts including attribution, performance base statistics and portfolio characteristics
• Knowledge of databases
Nuveen Investments, LLC - 17 months ago